64-Bit Exynos 5433 Confirmed, Will Only Run In 32-Bit Mode On Galaxy Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
No reason to upgrade to the note 4 when my note 3 is already and still 2 years ahead of the iphone 6.

Samsung, surprise me with the note 5.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
This is just one more reason NOT to upgrade to the Note 4. The Note Edge intriqued me for sure, but is not quite enough to make me upgrade from my Note 3. Looks like I'm with fuzzion...Samsung, get your head out of the sand and INNOVATE!!!! A 64-bit processor should have been priority #1 with the Note 4 and Note Edge. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
"A 64-bit processor should have been priority #1 with the Note 4 and Note Edge. MAKE IT HAPPEN!"

Why?
What possible benefit will a 64bit chip bring to phones?
I could think of a half dozen other things that would be a much better 1st priority.
Like battery life.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that this thread sits here for a couple days now and only has 4 posts. Where are all the Samsung/Androiders. Pretty much crickets. If this where Apple this thread would light up like a Christmas tree.

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
"No reason to upgrade to the note 4 when my note 3 is already and still 2 years ahead of the iphone 6.

Samsung, surprise me with the note 5."

I realize you are passionate about your phone and it is a nice device for sure but lets not mix up the fact that you had a larger screen 2 years prior to the iPhone 6 with the idea that somehow that made your phone ahead. You can't even talk about NFC when the adoption is widely considered a failure and took Google Wallet down with it.

I am not even sure Apple Pay will work unless Apple partners with card providers (which they are doing) to adopt their solution.

wurkfur

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011

Finally offering HD resolutions
Finally offering a decent screen size
Finally offering NFC which can be used for more than just payments.

Jobs is dead, and Apple is going to be on the same path if they don't get back to innovating. There is NOTHING about the new Iphone that is new and exciting. Wait until the hipsters find something else.

Samsung offers all kinds of designs and styles. It took Apple almost a decade to do the same instead of just offering a new model and continuing to sell the previous 1 or 2.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

Actually, battery life on my Note 3 is great! I can go 2 and sometimes 3 full days of light to moderate use before having to recharge the battery. On those days that I watch a lot of YouTube videos, I have to recharge after one day of use. Battery life can always be better, but until the industry advances forward with new battery technology, we are stuck with lithium-ion.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

I completely agree with you. Apple has failed to innovate any new technologies since they developed the dynamic ambient white light balance technlogy in the iPhone5s camera last year. That was the one of the last if not the last project that Steve Jobs helped develop prior to his death. As for the Apple Watch -- it is UGLY and HUGE. It will inevitably fail once people try it on for size and realize just how bulky and 'not so cool' it really is. The Samsung Gear watches are much smaller, ergonomic and integrate well with the Android OS. Even the Gear 2 watches that use Tizon function better than the new Apple Watch. Samsung has the lead now, so they had not better screw it up. The last thing I want Samsung to do is end up like Nintendo...lol.

What, no reading comprehension?

Samsung has a 64 bit chip and Android L is 64x capable. There is no practical use for either at the moment, and therefore Apple's progress on that front is largely irrelevant. Plus, how's that iShatter Screen working out for you?

Jakethus

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I'm on the Note 2 still, so this is a great upgrade for me, and it will be nice to have a higher quality build since the Note 4 will use aluminum now.

Also, there actually is a 64-bit Galaxy Note 4, its the international version. As of right now the 64-bit part of the chip is being shipped as disabled, but that makes sense since the only version of Android that is 64-bit compatible is Android L and that isn't even out yet. My hope is that when Samsung pushes out the Android L update to the phone, they will also enable the 64-bit portion of the chip as well, but only time will tell.

irfanahmed123

Reputable
Oct 4, 2014
There are tons of features which have been upgraded in note 4,which u cant see in note 3 .note 3 has 386ppi whereas note 4 has 515ppi,pics would be more than crystal clear,16mp camera,quad hd super AMOLED display,the fingerprint scanner has been improved i.e you can swipe ur finger as u like, still it will recognise ur fingerprint ,the Svoice has seen a drastic improvement and it is quick as siri(voice recognition in iphone),the s pen sensitivity of note 4 is twice as that of the sensitivity of note 3 ,so u can write smoothly as u r writing in paper,the front cam is 3.7 mp and it has wide angle with 1080p video recording whereas the rear cam can capture videos in 4k resolution as seen in DSLR cameras, u can also see a video i youtube"50 reasons why galaxy note 4 is better than iphone 6 plus"In my view its not just a phone its a class apart and i wouldnt bother whether it runs on a 64 bit or a 32 bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.