Question 6600k and z170 pro gaming, stable overclock settings?

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
hi, actually i'm running this cpu at 4.4hz and 1.25v, but sometimes happen that during games there are freeze, and i must press the power button for 5-10 seconds for power off totally the pc (the restart button don't do nothing when there is this freeze)
i suspect that the problem could be some wrong settings with the overclock, what do you suggest me to do?

hi, actually i'm running this cpu at 4.4hz and 1.25v, but sometimes happen that during games there are freeze, and i must press the power button for 5-10 seconds for power off totally the pc (the restart button don't do nothing when there is this freeze)
i suspect that the problem could be some wrong settings with the overclock, what do you suggest me to do?

Hey there, the reason you are having crashes are that your current OC is unstable. Dial it back or take off the OC and see if it still happens,

It could also point to a PSU issue. What are your PC specs.? OC'ing that CPU brings practically no uplift in performance and is not worth the instability,

djsolidsnake86

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2015
Hey there, the reason you are having crashes are that your current OC is unstable. Dial it back or take off the OC and see if it still happens,

It could also point to a PSU issue. What are your PC specs.? OC'ing that CPU brings practically no uplift in performance and is not worth the instability,
psu is corsair ax760
with currect games you think that oc do nothing?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS