[SOLVED] 6950XT freeze in all games i played. (New PC build)

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
I just upgraded to 6950 XT. I've only played 1 games so far, this freeze keeps happening for some reason. At first i thought it was the game i played (the game has not optimized yet). Last night i play CSGO with my friends, and the same thing happened.

There is this sequence been happening before the freeze. There would be this "Bzzt" sounds i heard from my Headset, and the screen went froze. while it froze, i can hear any other activities in the games, like shooting, moving, etc. its just the screen freeze. And it solved with a simple alt tab to windows. But this happened so often.. and i'm pretty sure its supposedly not like this.

Im using windows 10 pro 64bit, Adrenalin 23.2.1 driver. PC is new build with 13700kf, 32gb ram, 1tb ssd, MSI Z790 tomahawk and 6950XT

I have all chipset driver, LAN, audio, and BIOS all up to date.
*Right now im trying to roll back AMD adrenalin to the most loved 22.11.2 version. Fingers crossed.

Any helps is much appreciated because im fairly new to PC stuff. Thank you

PSU is corsair rmx 1000w and the game was Escape From Tarkov. I have been using my old 650w Power Cord though (the cable plug from the back of PSU to the wall) because i lost it in the shop i bought.

Your PSU is pretty much good for your rig, and that's a decent high quality unit. So you are using the OLD PSU's power cord ? Have you tried using a NEW one instead ? Was the old PSU in good working condition before you upgraded ?

Also just double check whether all the PCI-e power connectors, 2*8-pins, are properly plugged into the GPU from the PSU. So all other games are also freezing, apart from CS:GO and Escape From Tarkov ? But your problem based on the description sounds more like some hardware issue with your PC.

The 6950 XT is from which GPU brand ? Did you rollback the GPU drivers ? Try a CLEAN reinstall and use this
DDU tool, if need be.

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
Your PSU is pretty much good for your rig, and that's a decent high quality unit. So you are using the OLD PSU's power cord ? Have you tried using a NEW one instead ? Was the old PSU in good working condition before you upgraded ?

Also just double check whether all the PCI-e power connectors, 2*8-pins, are properly plugged into the GPU from the PSU. So all other games are also freezing, apart from CS:GO and Escape From Tarkov ?

The 6950 XT is from which GPU brand ? Did you rollback the GPU drivers ? Try a CLEAN reinstall and use this
DDU tool, if need be.

the old psu had no problem, i havent tried new power cord because many people suggest its fine.
yep all the pins are plugged in nicely. ive only played that 2 games i mentioned. i will try to roll back the driver with ddu tonight. i will get back for result. thanks for reply btw!

P1lgimag3

Commendable
Dec 21, 2020
This has got fixed with BIOS update > installing all newest mobo drivers > and at last rolling back AMD driver to 22.11.2 (this roll back is what fixed the issue eventually)