[SOLVED] 6gb or 8gb Graphics card?

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
So I want to get into vr, I currently have an MSI Rx 580 gaming x 8gb, but that will be put under a lot of stress when doing vr, so I was thinking about going to the Rx 2060 super. It’s 6gb but a few more expensive models go to 8gb. Is there really a big difference in those two ram capacities, that much of a difference? I have an 8gb card so would that be a downgrade? I have 16gb of system memory but I don’t think I go over 12gb, I heard somewhere you want half graphics card memory as you do system memory, is there a huge impact on gameplay/vr gram 8gb to 6gb?

Solution
You look two different cards rtx 2060 that is 6gb and rtx 2060 SUPER that is 8gb card. Well your card have gddr5 8gb so its not a downgrade cause rtx 2060 have 6gb gddr6 that is faster memory so its probably the same. If your budget fit both cards go with 2060 super it is more future proof at 1080p at higher resolutions 8gb is a must and overall performs better because it has more cuda cores.
You look two different cards rtx 2060 that is 6gb and rtx 2060 SUPER that is 8gb card. Well your card have gddr5 8gb so its not a downgrade cause rtx 2060 have 6gb gddr6 that is faster memory so its probably the same. If your budget fit both cards go with 2060 super it is more future proof at 1080p at higher resolutions 8gb is a must and overall performs better because it has more cuda cores.

Solution