6tb Seagate HDD only showing up as 2TB

Ajbros2

Reputable
May 23, 2015
I bought a 6tb hard drive-installed windows and all my drivers but only saw 2 tb showing

I know i need to turn my drive from a mbr to a gpt but i tried so many methods to do so and all of them failed

Since this is a new pc, i really don't care if i lose all my data- i could just reinstall everything

I even tried using Seagate's Disk Wizard and that had no effect to my drive.
I tried deleting the partition which my OS is installed but it didn't allow me to do so

Ajbros2

Reputable
May 23, 2015

I ran it and it just opened up the Disk management program. Where should i go from here?

Ajbros2

Reputable
May 23, 2015

I went to my BIOS and went to my Boot Option. Currently, my Hard Disk is my #1 Boot Option. I have the Option for a UEFI Hard Disk. If i put the UEFI HDD as my first Boot Option, Would my HDD be read as a UEFI DIsk? or would the motherboard not detect it as one and skip to the next boot option

Ajbros2

Reputable
May 23, 2015

I restarted my PC and hit f11 to get into the boot device. I only saw this:
UEFI:Built-in EFI Shell
SATA 1: CD/DVD Burner
SATA 2: (Name of my Hard Drive)
Enter Setup

It didnt detect anything UEFI besides the EFI Shell-No UEFI hard Drives

Minglewood

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016
There are either some vicious-minded individuals here, or Toms is not what it used to be. Really, all these messages advising to wipe, reinstall, etc. This poor user only has to right-click on the drive in Windows Computer Management, not on the right, but on the grey square on the left, where it says Disk 0, Disk 1, Disk 2, etc. then choose "convert to GPT disk." Yes, that's it. Nothing more to do. Really a page full of wanking nonsense AT TOM'S no less. What shame.

Thank you for the info.
A bit arrogant, but it's ok.
However, i wonder if the method does work if Windows is already installed on the disk you want to convert to gpt. Have you tested it?
On different disk would work for sure, but I doubt that it does work on the disk with the OS on it.

Minglewood

Commendable
Apr 13, 2016