[SOLVED] 7.1 sound works in every game? lots of questions

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I'm thinking to get a HyperX cloud stinger core, my local store claims this headphones supports 7.1 audio with its own special software to enable, my question is can I use it in every game I play? 7.1 sound works in every game? or there is somekind additional options in game to switch on? I remember seeing in Battlefield 4 there was "headphones" setting under audio preffered setting, is that what ı want? or is it up to developers to support such tech and isnt work in every game?

If I purchase this expensive headphone, and if 7.1 don't work due to support, sound quality will be same as a $50 cheap headphone? or every brand have its own sound quality thing?

Solution
for surround options with applications that do not provide it you will need an audio chip or software that can convert stereo to virtual surround.

normally virtual surround sounds more flat than real 5.1/7.1.
so stereo is better in this situation if you are any sort of audiophile.
for surround options with applications that do not provide it you will need an audio chip or software that can convert stereo to virtual surround.

normally virtual surround sounds more flat than real 5.1/7.1.
so stereo is better in this situation if you are any sort of audiophile.

Reactions: helper800
Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
Thanks all, this is a bit complicated to me to understand so ı will continue to use my old cheap headphone instead, plus my motherboard isn't modern, it is a b450m-k prime so I don't think there is any audio chip on it other than onboard default one. What I also noticed is "Windows Sonic for Headphones" does not do any difference at all probably because what you said. This headphone is actually even overpriced because ı don't have the luxury live in the US or the UK, so everything is pricey from top to bottom,

Thank you all and great day to you

TRENDING THREADS