Question 75" T.v Refresh rate is really bad??

Sep 21, 2019
Hey there,

Just purchased a new 75 inch 4K Veon (Brand here in NZ) tv, upgrading from a 65" Non 4k tv of the same brand.
However, I noticed on call of duty the refresh rate is a bit choppy.... this is through ps4 (Original, not pro), So I assumed it was the game, however I never had any issues with the 65...
So I played a few movies from my pc to my tv (Which I do very often aswel as with the 65) same thing.. Still quite choppy, Mrs couldn't notice it.. but im picky and I could defo see it!!

Especially with slow frames, so like where the camera is slowly moving around the room on the movie.. I notice the choppyness, if its fast moving like a action scene, it won't chop at all!

So i figured hmm maybe its just me and my GPU is getting old.. (Crappy old hd7750) so I literally went and purchased a dvd (Like its 2002) and figured ill test this because dvds generally are always flush and smooth as appose to downloaded content. But it was still choppy?!
This really blew me away, I have never seen a dvd or bluray be choppy. Jaw literally dropped!

Any help is much appreciated! Tv is 60HZ and it has ah heck all settings, only very very basic like contrast, colour etc. No gaming mode or theatre mode.

thanks guys

Sep 21, 2019
Hey there,

Just purchased a new 75 inch 4K Veon (Brand here in NZ) tv, upgrading from a 65" Non 4k tv of the same brand.
However, I noticed on call of duty the refresh rate is a bit choppy.... this is through ps4 (Original, not pro), So I assumed it was the game, however I never had any issues with the 65...
So I played a few movies from my pc to my tv (Which I do very often aswel as with the 65) same thing.. Still quite choppy, Mrs couldn't notice it.. but im picky and I could defo see it!!

Especially with slow frames, so like where the camera is slowly moving around the room on the movie.. I notice the choppyness, if its fast moving like a action scene, it won't chop at all!

So i figured hmm maybe its just me and my GPU is getting old.. (Crappy old hd7750) so I literally went and purchased a dvd (Like its 2002) and figured ill test this because dvds generally are always flush and smooth as appose to downloaded content. But it was still choppy?!
This really blew me away, I have never seen a dvd or bluray be choppy. Jaw literally dropped!

BUT I have found the secret service menu, heaaaaaaaaps of crazy settings in here, I know NOT to mess with unless I seriously know what im up to.. So im asking you guys first,

IS there anything in particular I could scroll for and turn on/off? Anything at all? Theres plenty of crazy coded settings in here (trust me, im not messing with it, hence why im asking) but if anyone knows of something like "Oh yeah turn off ....... and it will help alot, i did it and made a huge difference" this is what I am looking for!

thanks guys

Sep 21, 2019
Nah man just sending you guys specs so you could look into it as its a cheap tv there isnt much info online

Tried the video and its a wee bit choppy, more so when its slow camera changes.. like a camera going around the room! high speed scenes like action are fine!

its really odd, I did however have to run the video through my pc so that could be slowing it down a bit but its the only way atm to get 4k content on the tv as i just have a original ps4 etc