Question 7500f burn mark?

LZR

Jul 25, 2024
Hello there, after extraction cpu from the socket i saw that mark. Is this a burn mark? I haven't seen this mark when i received CPU, it's possible what it was already there. I haven't done extreme overcloking, my max temps were around 100 and max voltage 1.35 for one start(during stress tests), maybe for 15-25 mins, could it happen because of this? I tried to clean it with cloth and isopropyl alcohol but seems like it gives no results, CPU works fine tho but i just wanna know what is it, it'd be pretty disappointing to have burn mark on brand new CPU, also if it's a burn mark I'm afraid it's possible what new mark will appear right on the contacts in the future, maybe i should apply for warranty? (I have b650m mortar wifi if it matters)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try and take an eraser to the underside of the processor(not the CPU socket) and see if they come off. If they do, then it's carbon deposits.

my max temps were around 100 and max voltage 1.35 for one start(during stress tests), maybe for 15-25 mins, could it happen because of this?
+
(I have b650m mortar wifi if it matters)
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? How are you cooling the processor?

LZR

Jul 25, 2024

You can try and take an eraser to the underside of the processor(not the CPU socket) and see if they come off. If they do, then it's carbon deposits.

my max temps were around 100 and max voltage 1.35 for one start(during stress tests), maybe for 15-25 mins, could it happen because of this?
+
What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? How are you cooling the processor?
Thanks, i'll try to do it. I can't check bios version right now because i haven't installed the CPU. I cool it with help of SE-224-XTS.

LZR

Jul 25, 2024

+
I did it really carefully without touching the contacts and haven't seen any result. Here's a photo of this thing after all procedures.