[SOLVED] 750ti gpu help

Dec 4, 2019
I'm trying to connect my monitor to my gpu but my gpu only supports dvi. I have the gtx 750 ti. I just purchased an Alienware 240hz monitor because I'm going to be upgrading my computer within 2 months and there was a great black Friday deal on it. My question is how do I get the monitor to show a display. It only has 2 hdmi ports and a displayport and the 750 ti only supports a dvi input. Thanks

Solution
Will that support anything past 60hz though? I thought hdmi only went up to 60. Would a dvi to dp work? Just trying to figure out something that will give me anything over 60 until I upgrade the whole pc in a couple months
There are several factors (GPU, monitor, cable, etc), not only the HDMI interface, that will allow to reach a refresh rate.
A DVI to HDMI cable has the same capabilities as a HDMI cable.
There are several versions of HDMI (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1) and depending on the resolution they could support from 24Hz all the way to 480Hz.

I don't think your your GPU supports 240Hz.
What's the GPU and monitor model numbers?
I'm trying to connect my monitor to my gpu but my gpu only supports dvi. I have the gtx 750 ti. I just purchased an Alienware 240hz monitor because I'm going to be upgrading my computer within 2 months and there was a great black Friday deal on it. My question is how do I get the monitor to show a display. It only has 2 hdmi ports and a displayport and the 750 ti only supports a dvi input. Thanks

You will need a DVI to HDMI adapter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM51PY2
or
DVI to HDMI cable
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014I8UQJY

Reactions: Claycole0612
Dec 4, 2019
Will that support anything past 60hz though? I thought hdmi only went up to 60. Would a dvi to dp work? Just trying to figure out something that will give me anything over 60 until I upgrade the whole pc in a couple months

There are several factors (GPU, monitor, cable, etc), not only the HDMI interface, that will allow to reach a refresh rate.
There are several versions of HDMI (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1) and depending on the resolution they could support from 24Hz all the way to 480Hz.

Solution
Dec 4, 2019

Not sure on the exact model number of the gpu. It's the Nvidia gtx 750 ti. The monitor is the Alienware 25 Monitor - AW2518HF

Not sure on the exact model number of the gpu. It's the Nvidia gtx 750 ti. The monitor is the Alienware 25 Monitor - AW2518HF
GPU features may vary by manufacturer. The Zotac GTX 750ti has a DVI, HDMI and Displayport.
The FreeSync AW2518HF supports Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 240 Hz over HDMI (2.0) and DisplayPort (1.2).
I will use a DVI to HDMI cable @ 120Hz (to start) until you upgrade your computer.
There is a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz...there isn't much difference by going higher and many cannot even tell.

Reactions: Claycole0612
Dec 4, 2019
GPU features may vary by manufacturer. The Zotac GTX 750ti has a DVI, HDMI and Displayport.
The FreeSync AW2518HF supports Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 240 Hz over HDMI (2.0) and DisplayPort (1.2).
I will use a DVI to HDMI cable @ 120Hz (to start) until you upgrade your computer.
There is a big difference between 60Hz and 120Hz...there isn't much difference by going higher and many cannot even tell.
thank you for your help 😀