750ti vs Asus Radeon HD 4870 X2

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Okay so my friend have gtx 750ti for couple months so far, he got opportunity to buy HD4870 X2, which I don't know anything about. Since it's only dx10 card, has much higher memory bandwidth, bus, teraflops and whatsonot, but much lower core clock, I wonder is it worth 50$ at all ?

I assume it's not UPGRADE at all, but atleast what that gpu can be priced on ? Without warranty most likely, yet in good condition.

Solution
Does your friend have a 600~650 Watt power supply unit that is able to supply at least 46 Amps or more on its combined +12V rail(s) and also have at least one 75 Watt 6-pin and one 150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors?

If a new power supply unit is needed then the cost of that new PSU will also need to be factored into the requirements for the Radeon HD 4870 X2.

dsr07mm

Distinguished
Not sure, but overall is worse then 750ti ? That's pretty much all what is important, FPS in games as primary thing. Usually electricity isn't an issue here so we are not looking on that long stage.

There is really lack of information about this gpu for some reason..

Does your friend have a 600~650 Watt power supply unit that is able to supply at least 46 Amps or more on its combined +12V rail(s) and also have at least one 75 Watt 6-pin and one 150 Watt 8-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors?

If a new power supply unit is needed then the cost of that new PSU will also need to be factored into the requirements for the Radeon HD 4870 X2.

Solution