[SOLVED] 75hz display, Freesync

Gabriel4TH

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Hi, people.

Thanks for reading.

I'm using the same display about 10 years and I know almost nothing about the newest displays on the market, sorry.

My PC is good enough to play games at 1080p, 60hz, but it's not enough to keep 75hz.

Unfortunately, there aren't many 1080p, 60hz, displays available here.

I have two options, and the two displays works with 75hz.

In my opinion, it's not a great experience to play games when your PC can't keep the display's native frequency, but I found one that have freesync.

So my question is:

Can I play games smoothly, in a 75hz display with freesync, using a PC that keep, usually, 55/60hz?

One of my options is an Acer KA272.

Thank you, and sorry for my english!

Solution
that monitor does not have variable refresh rate, it has static 75Hz freesync, if your games goes below 75FPS, then freesync will just cut off, this seems to be some very low budget freesync version with just low latency in it, you might need one with LFC (low framerate compensation) if you wanna play games at low fps
proper freesync implementations starts at minimum 120Hz displays btw and you can play 30fps games on it no problem
that monitor does not have variable refresh rate, it has static 75Hz freesync, if your games goes below 75FPS, then freesync will just cut off, this seems to be some very low budget freesync version with just low latency in it, you might need one with LFC (low framerate compensation) if you wanna play games at low fps
proper freesync implementations starts at minimum 120Hz displays btw and you can play 30fps games on it no problem

Solution

Gabriel4TH

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Thans you, kerberos_20.

Your explanation is very clear and I agree with what you wrote.

I'll look for a used 60hz display, to avoid problems.