Here is my Config At first :

CPU :i7 7700k@4.7Ghz, Vcore=1.185

RAM :Geil 8*2=16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Dual Channel kit

MOBO:Asus Rog Strix Z270H Gaming Mobo

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212x Dual Fan

PSU : CM V750 Fully Modular

Casing : Thermaltake Spacecraft VF-1 Mid Tower

GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

Now, I got the CPU, mobo and Ram newly installed. I'm sure i have installed the cpu cooler correctly and applied the thermal paste.

After 2 hours of gaming (Witcher 3, Watch Dogs 2, GTA 5 ), My maximum cpu temps were:

on the four cores. But, usually stayed around 65-72 mostly. (My ambient is around 30-32 degrees)

Now, some of you may ask why i have overclocked the CPU to 4.7 despite getting high temps. Well, here is the answer : The temp difference between 4.5 and 4.7 is at most 3-4 degrees. So, 4.7 seemed like the sweet spot to me. And, random temperature spikes (up to 75-80) are common even at 4.2Ghz. So, lowering the clock or voltage do not seem to help much.

Now, my question is how bad are these temps? Should i be worried ? I want to use this setup for around 3-4 years at least. I have read many threads before posting this. And i know that 7700k without delidding is a hot chip to run. But, people also seem to claim that Kaby lake is made to withstand more heat. How true is that? Delidding is not really an option for me as i'm too scared to do it. And, about moving to a liquid cooler, i believe that it won't improve my temps much.

Any help is extremely appreciated.

Touhid Shohan

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013

"Kaby Lakes are made to withstand more heat"- is this really true? or people spreading this rumor just to console themselves ?

Couldn't tell you. It sounds like a marketing strategy though. All I know is the i7 7xxx chips can go as high as 100c, at which point the chip throttles itself.