Question 7800x3d vs 7950x3d?

litaidd

Honorable
Nov 21, 2017
i bought the 7800x3d for gaming and semi heavy vm use and i havent been super happy with it as far as vm stuff goes. I use vmware workstation pro and it just seems to lack the performance that i need. does the 7950x3d perform better in games if I swapped it out for that? if it does I would consider buying it rn if I can get better vm performance and game performance.

i bought the 7800x3d for gaming and semi heavy vm use and i havent been super happy with it as far as vm stuff goes. I use vmware workstation pro and it just seems to lack the performance that i need. does the 7950x3d perform better in games if I swapped it out for that? if it does I would consider buying it rn if I can get better vm performance and game performance.
How many VM's are you running and what are the resources allocated to each VM? Also, what are the full specs of your machine?

May 24, 2024
How is your experience? I am also thinking about buying 7800x3d. Should I buy it or not?