Question 7900XT - Can't see upscale status and FSR doesnt seem to work

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
I have a Sapphire 7900 XT and when I try to use FSR, it doesnt seem to work. I have an 34" ultrawide monitor (21:9) with a resolution of 3440x1440

The help ui says I should check and verify that Upscale Status is Active with a green check mark after I start my game but there is no Upscale Status section in the driver ui at all.

I tried both Borderless Windows and Full Screen modes, none works
I used native game resolution from 1920x1080 to 3024x1296 (recommended by the driver) and none works

MN9RVGh.png

pp4A2yp.png

Xow6MNm.jpeg

Colif

Win 11 Master

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
I have an i5 8600k @5.0 and when I try to play mmos at full resolution, some games are not performing well so I was trying to lower the resolution but for some reason, FSR doesn't work at all. I was able to get the ui working by enabling ui while in game (Alt+R) but it says Inactive - Upscaling is not working. In game resolution needs to be lower than the monitors native resolution. I tried everything but it just doesnt work.

I cant take a screenshot of the in game ui, it doesnt let me so cant show any pictures, sorry

I have an i5 8600k @5.0 and when I try to play mmos at full resolution, some games are not performing well so I was trying to lower the resolution but for some reason, FSR doesn't work at all. I was able to get the ui working by enabling ui while in game (Alt+R) but it says Inactive - Upscaling is not working. In game resolution needs to be lower than the monitors native resolution. I tried everything but it just doesnt work.

I cant take a screenshot of the in game ui, it doesnt let me so cant show any pictures, sorry
Sounds like your real issue isn't with the GPU. If you're having issues with mmos, then lowering resolution and upscaling isn't going to help gameplay.

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
okay looks like I cant use FSR when both of my monitors are active. I was using 2 monitors

1. 34" 3440x1440
2. 24" 1920x1080

When I disable monitor 2, the FSR doesnt work but if I disable 1, the FRS works on 24" monitor
Adrenaline even lets me pick a resolution to upscale from so I just pick a 720p resolution and upscale it and it works without a problem but I have no problem playing on 24" as 1080p anyway. My only problem is that I cant use FSR on my 34" monitor.

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
Sounds like your real issue isn't with the GPU. If you're having issues with mmos, then lowering resolution and upscaling isn't going to help gameplay.
I believe my system is pretty good enough to play mmos, as I said it is just in some games (mostly open spaces like New World).

I have 8600k running at 5.0 and 32gb ram running at 3200 cl15
I dont experience any problems while playing other games at my native resolution but as I said, I need to use FSR for some specific games where they have performance issues due to resolution/textures

skuee

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2013
If anybody in the future experiences the same problem, here is how I fixed it
when you start the game, the Adrenaline software is supposed to lower your windows resolution but for somer reason it doesnt do it for 3440x1440 so I'm manually lowering my windows resolution to 2560x1080 and then when in game change the game resolution to 2560x1080 and it will be working.