[SOLVED] 8 monitor setup requirements please solve my problem !

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
hi, i want to build 8 monitor workstation for stock market speculation.

monitor : Benq 27 inch ; 8 monitors

am very poor in computer hardware ; please help me to get-out 8 monitor setup for trading !

how many graphics cards? i want to run 8 monitors with single CPU?

and what type of graphics card? is good for workstation ?

Ryzen 9 3900x or ryzen 9 3950x? which processor i want to select?

SSD? or HDD? which one is good?

motherboard?

cabinet?

Ram?

Solution
The only other thing I'd recommend honestly is, since you want absolute reliability, to get a very high-quality PSU: gold-rated or better, with a lengthy warranty. Some of the PSU mavens here can give a better recommendation on that than me, though.

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
CPU doesn't matter as much as the GPU.

What resolution monitors?

See if this helps - https://traderspec.com/trading-pc-graphics-cards/

2D or 3D?
thanks brother ; great link ; i got my graphics card i think ; please correct it ; my graphics card requirement for trading stock markets is "nVidia quadro p620 2gb" ; this graphics card has 4 ports ; am i want 2 cards? and which type of motherboard? is suitable for dual GPU ? and AMD Ryzen 9 3900x processor?

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
If you can get another one then that should be fine.
brother ; nvidia quadro p620 2GB ? or Radeon Vii? which one i want to select? from u r of trading graphics cards ; i am aware about nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; for 2D stock makret work ! i want to build 8 monitor setup so i want dual GPU ; nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; dual GPU ! enough? or radeon vii? dual i want to purchase?

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
brother ; nvidia quadro p620 2GB ? or Radeon Vii? which one i want to select? from u r of trading graphics cards ; i am aware about nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; for 2D stock makret work ! i want to build 8 monitor setup so i want dual GPU ; nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; dual GPU ! enough? or radeon vii? dual i want to purchase?
monitor : benq 27 inch full HD 1920 x 1080 60 Hz ; 8 monitors
processor : AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
graphics cards : nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; dual GPU's
and now what motherboad is best suitable ?

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
brother ; GPU ; nvidia quadro p620 2GB ; PCI e 3.0 ; but mother boad gigabyte and asus showing PCI e 4.0 ... is it fine or any problem occurs?
Should be fine, but why buy two pricey Quadro cards if you're just using the system for stock trading? Get two GT 710s instead. The only reason you'd want or need a more expensive card is if you had something that required better 3D acceleration. The 2D / web browsing performance is going to be essentially equal no matter how much (or little) you spend.

Reactions: toboryenom

drosehill

Reputable
Aug 1, 2017
Have you looked into Maltrox's range of GPUs? As far as I'm aware those support the most dedicated outputs.

I actually asked this question on Reddit recently as I'm looking to upgrade to a six monitor array myself.

What I was told (paraphrasing) is that the type of arrays you're looking to build used in financial trading etc typically just use a bunch of DP MST adapters daisy-chained.

Ie neither multiple GPUs nor GPUs like Maltrox are that commonly used. More commonly, it's just a good GPU with a very generous max resolution and a bunch of daisy-chained outputs.

I'm still looking at specc-ing out my six array build (although based on Linux, so I worry that daisy-chaining MSTs will cause OS compatibility issues). So let me know what you end up with!

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
No problem - pcie3.0 graphics cards will run on pcie4.0 slots. I have a pcie3.0 graphics card running in my X570 PC.
well, doubt clear ; thanks alot ; bro ; and one more doubt about motherboard :
ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula ATX Motherboard vs
ASRock X570 AQUA EATX AM4 Motherboard

what is the difference? i want economical motherboard ! which one i want to select?

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
The Aqua is bigger and configured for water cooling.

If you want the cheapest then buy the cheapest. They would be both fine.
ok bro ; i want Ram slots : 4 ; and SSD NVMe M.2 slots :2 ; HDD slots : 3 ; USD 3.0 ports : 4 ; PCIe 3.0 slots : 3 ; is this above motherboards comparable? or please suggest me better motherboard for AM4 support !

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
well, folks ; now i got : monitor : benq 27 inch GW 2780 full HD 1920X1080 60Hz ; 8 monitors ;
motherboard : asus rog crosshair VIII Hero X570
Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Graphics Card : Nvidia Quadro P620 2GB ; Dual GPU's
what about Ram? which brand i want to select? is 16GB enough ? or 32GB required? or super fast functioning?

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
well, folks ; now i got : monitor : benq 27 inch GW 2780 full HD 1920X1080 60Hz ; 8 monitors ;
motherboard : asus rog crosshair VIII Hero X570
Processor : AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
Graphics Card : Nvidia Quadro P620 2GB ; Dual GPU's
what about Ram? which brand i want to select? is 16GB enough ? or 32GB required? or super fast functioning?
I still have no idea why, if you're looking for something 'economical' as you say, that you're buying Quadro cards. As for how much RAM you need, who can say without knowing what software you intend to run, and how many instances? Some traders just pop up a ton of browser windows, others run some very intensive data-analysis tools. If the former, you need much less ram, and that 3900x is quite overpowered as well. If the latter, you might need 32gb or even more, depending.

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
I still have no idea why, if you're looking for something 'economical' as you say, that you're buying Quadro cards. As for how much RAM you need, who can say without knowing what software you intend to run, and how many instances? Some traders just pop up a ton of browser windows, others run some very intensive data-analysis tools. If the former, you need much less ram, and that 3900x is quite overpowered as well. If the latter, you might need 32gb or even more, depending.
google chrome ; web browsing 150 tabs(stock screeners) at a time ; 10 softwares ; multi tasking ; social media ; youtube ; this is my work ; i don't know how much memory it requires ; please assist me ; too select exact comparability ! thank you

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
With that many tabs open, I would probably suggest 32gb. If money is tight, you could try a single stick of 16gb, and add a second if the system is sluggish. OTOH, you don't need pricey high-speed RAM for web browsing: you can get basic 3200mhz sticks.

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
With that many tabs open, I would probably suggest 32gb. If money is tight, you could try a single stick of 16gb, and add a second if the system is sluggish. OTOH, you don't need pricey high-speed RAM for web browsing: you can get basic 3200mhz sticks.
thanks alot Endymio ; if motherboard supports 4 slots of RAM Sticks i will try to purchase 4(8 GB Ram's) ; which brand ? i want to choose?