[SOLVED] 8 monitor setup requirements please solve my problem !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
hi, i want to build 8 monitor workstation for stock market speculation.

monitor : Benq 27 inch ; 8 monitors

am very poor in computer hardware ; please help me to get-out 8 monitor setup for trading !

how many graphics cards? i want to run 8 monitors with single CPU?

and what type of graphics card? is good for workstation ?

Ryzen 9 3900x or ryzen 9 3950x? which processor i want to select?

SSD? or HDD? which one is good?

motherboard?

cabinet?

Ram?

Solution
The only other thing I'd recommend honestly is, since you want absolute reliability, to get a very high-quality PSU: gold-rated or better, with a lengthy warranty. Some of the PSU mavens here can give a better recommendation on that than me, though.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
Honestly, for this purpose, it really doesn't matter. Your SSD and ram speeds aren't going to really affect performance for this particular usage; just make sure whatever you buy has a decent warranty. More importantly: ensure your video card(s) will drive their respective four monitors at their max 75hz refresh rate, and ensure you have a decent mounting solution for those 8 monitors -- that's what will affect your satisfaction the most with this setup.

Reactions: toboryenom

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
Honestly, for this purpose, it really doesn't matter. Your SSD and ram speeds aren't going to really affect performance for this particular usage; just make sure whatever you buy has a decent warranty. More importantly: ensure your video card(s) will drive their respective four monitors at their max 75hz refresh rate, and ensure you have a decent mounting solution for those 8 monitors -- that's what will affect your satisfaction the most with this setup.
brother ; "More importantly: ensure your video card(s) will drive their respective four monitors at their max 75hz refresh rate" what does it mean? benq 27inch full HD 1920X1080 ; monitor ; 60Hz ; 4 monitors means 4*60 =240 Hz...but u said maximum : 75Hz refresh rate ! ; does each GPU ; supports 4 monitors ? and how much refresh rate monitors i want to select? please help me !

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
The specs I see for the Benq GW2780 show that it has a max 75hz refresh, not 60hz. If that isn't true, I'd highly recommended changing monitors to one that does that or better.
majority of online sites showing refresh rate : 60Hz ; maybe maximum refresh rate 75Hz possible ; well brother which monitor best suitable for my workstation i want maximum size ; 27 inch ; popular for vesa mount adjustments ; that's why am selected 27inch size ! ; i don't know ; GPU and monitor refresh rate combination ; please suggest me in detail ! thanks in advance for ur valuable replies !!

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
My main point was that for this system, you should be focusing more on the display aspect, rather than the speed of the components.

I'm seeing conflicting refresh rates from various sites for that monitor also. Benq itself, though, says it's a 60hz monitor. However, it also states its flicker-free certified, so I think it's a good choice for this environment. I was recommending a higher refresh rate simply to reduce potential flicker anyway ... you're not going to be gaming on this system.

toboryenom

Reputable
Oct 23, 2020
My main point was that for this system, you should be focusing more on the display aspect, rather than the speed of the components.

I'm seeing conflicting refresh rates from various sites for that monitor also. Benq itself, though, says it's a 60hz monitor. However, it also states its flicker-free certified, so I think it's a good choice for this environment. I was recommending a higher refresh rate simply to reduce potential flicker anyway ... you're not going to be gaming on this system.
yes , brother ; only for trading ! CPU vs MotherBoard Vs GPU Vs Ram Vs PC Case ; is there my PC build comparability ! best choice? or want to change something else? please suggest me !!

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
The only other thing I'd recommend honestly is, since you want absolute reliability, to get a very high-quality PSU: gold-rated or better, with a lengthy warranty. Some of the PSU mavens here can give a better recommendation on that than me, though.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS