[SOLVED] 80c when recording or streaming

Dec 1, 2018
Greetings, I've just recently put together a new pc. I purchased a i7 8700 none k and I'm currently using just the stock cooler. While playing games like For Honor or Killing Floor 2 the temps get to the high 60's, sometimes reaching 70c. When I try streaming or recording videos however, all the cores for the processor went above 80c. I'm not too familiar when it comes to what kind of temps are too high for a processor, but this seems rather alarming. Should I look into getting an aftermarket cooler if I want to continue to stream/record, and if so which one?

Solution
you should get a new cooler, if you want to keep the temps down on the chip. you could also try changing your CPU cooler fan profile, might sound like a jet engine so an aftermarket CPU cooler would be the better option. also try taking a look at your intake and exhaust setup of your case it has a huge impact on the internal temperature, you wanna keep fresh cool air coming in and hot air going out
you should get a new cooler, if you want to keep the temps down on the chip. you could also try changing your CPU cooler fan profile, might sound like a jet engine so an aftermarket CPU cooler would be the better option. also try taking a look at your intake and exhaust setup of your case it has a huge impact on the internal temperature, you wanna keep fresh cool air coming in and hot air going out

Solution