Question 86 Celsius Degrees is ok?

Oct 8, 2021
My laptop always had ~75 Celsius degrees while gaming.
since last month my GPU has been 86 Degrees constantly while gaming. Yesterday I have cleaned the cooling system and replace the thermal paste on GPU, CPU and thermal pads. The temperature on the CPU dropped but no change in GPU temperature. Will I damage the GPU if I am playing on 86 Degrees constantly?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Due to this thread, include how the airflow is setup in your case, the ambient room air temps and the apps you're using to monitor temps. Thermal paste and pads used for the revamp?

Oct 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need a little more information. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H
Motherboard: IDK where or how to check
Ram: Laptop Kingston FURY Impact, 32GB DDR4, 2666MHz CL15, Dual Channel Kit
SSD/HDD: SSD
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070
PSU:
Chassis: it's a laptop (Asus ROG Strix Scar III)
Monitor: it's a laptop

Due to this thread, include how the airflow is setup in your case, the ambient room air temps and the apps you're using to monitor temps. Thermal paste and pads used for the revamp?

My laptop always had ~75 Celsius degrees while gaming.
since last month my GPU has been 86 Degrees constantly while gaming. Yesterday I have cleaned the cooling system and replace the thermal paste on GPU, CPU and thermal pads. The temperature on the CPU dropped but no change in GPU temperature. Will I damage the GPU if I am playing on 86 Degrees constantly?

Any chance you did a gpu driver update a month ago?

Oct 8, 2021
Not 100% sure, but it would not hurt to DDU your current drivers, and try a driver from a month and a half ago.
I uninstalled them all and re-install the oldest driver. Done that via the Nvidia platform a few hours ago but the temperature is the same.
Also, I have called Asus support and they have told me that the maximum temperature for my model is 89-90 C degrees and therefore, I should not be a worry. But if that is true then why in the first year since I bought the laptop the GPU temperature never increased more than 65-73 degress? :?