8600 vs 2600x

InvalidError

Titan
Based on leaks, they should perform about the same for strictly gaming in current games. Long-term though, the 2600 may gain a significant lead in the future due to having SMT. SMT would also be handy if you do any amount of non-trivial multi-tasking while gaming.

As medic wrote, only a few more days to go before the review embargoes drop and the benchmark floodgates bust open. Unless your PC exploded and you need a new PC on an emergency basis because your master thesis is due next Monday, it makes little sense to buy before seeing the reviews if you aren't already committed to buying Intel.

Apr 18, 2018

well i looked and with everything they are about the same price so i need a new pc as soon as possible. I have a bull dozer with a 1070, but i may wait.

Yep hold out for the reviews tomorrow of Ryzen 2. But I don't think it will be much of a boost in performance anymore than each new tick/tock of Intel's chips. The risk in buying a new series of chips is that they may have bugs to be worked out like Ryzen 1's motherboards and memory problems (which still aren't entirely ironed out last I heard). Intel > Ryzen for gaming but only if you are running a 120-144Hz 1080p resolution monitor. If you are running a 1440p monitor the difference between the 8600 and 1600x is nominal.

What monitor are you running or plan on running?

Apr 18, 2018

2 dual moniters recording/streaming 60 hz 1080p

2 dual moniters recording/streaming 60 hz 1080p[/quotemsg]

Ooooh streaming. Well Ryzen 1600/x is better for gaming + streaming at the same time with it's 12 threads. The i5 does not does not have hyperthreading (SMT).

InvalidError

Titan

If you are going to do stream recording, then the 2600(X) is going to give you considerably more performance headroom to accommodate the extra video processing overhead. On the Intel side, you would ideally be looking at the i7-8700(k) for that.

Yeah those are the green labeled ones. The newer version of the CX/M line is grey labeled and they are 450/550/650W accordingly. You can throw in the 750W green label version as well (all made by Channel Well). While still far from high quality they get the job done much better than their predecessors.

InvalidError

Titan

Because it is what all the cool kids do with their computer these days? :)

In that case, the i5-8600 would be fine if you don't want to wait a for 2600(X)/470 reviews and possibly change your mind about the i5.

InvalidError

Titan

Why a b350? Wait for the b470 boards which will be designed for Ryzen 2 from the start and support Ryzen 2's more aggressive power/boost management.