Question 8700K 4.7ghz OC Question!

khanleggett

Reputable
Jun 2, 2018
Hi guys, so i recently wanted to try my hand at overclocking, watched through various videos and guides before attempting, really all i wanted was to sit my 8700k at its turbo clock at all times, mainly just to test what the chip/myself was capable of in terms of temps to vcore.

i currently have my vcore at 1.220 and is showing stable with no fluctuations in cpuz and hwinfo while running realbench stresser, temps sit between 65-72c with a recorded max of 75c. havent tried anything lower of vcore as it looked 'okay' to me so i though i would share here as someone more knowledgeable could possibly shine some light for me.

really just wondering if this would be about right? any other info need please ask as i want to most informative answers i can get! thanks for your time.

pc specs;
-8700k @4.7ghz
-Kraken x62 front mounted, 100% pump speed, x2 fans at 1200rpm roughly.
-Aorus Extreme 1080ti
-TeamGroup TForce Dark 3000mhz 16gb Ram
-EVGA G3 750w psu.
-3x Corsair case fans 1 rear ex, 2 top ex
-2x nzxt front intakes.

Is your mainboard MCE capable/enabled?

Typically, if MCE is enabled, without resorting to holding that clock speed 24/7, the CPU will only ramp to highest clock speeds under heavy load, and with MCE, the MB will try to ramp all cores to max turbo if power limits/temps are not exceeded in the BIOS...yet still step the clocks back down to 800-1200 Mhz while only browsing the web, stc...(in balanced power mode)

Run Prime95 while monitoring HWMonitor...if you see all cores ramping up to 4.7 GHz, I'd say MCE is enabled...

75C is quite reasonable, as it is about what I see at all core turbo at 4.7 GHz on my 7700K....yet you have two more cores.