[SOLVED] 8gb of ram only showing 5.95gb control panel

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, I just built a pc and using dual memory bandwith of 2x4gb ram (Patriot Viper 4 Blackout). In control panel it shows installed ram 5.95gb but cpu-z shows 8gb.

Solution
so it shows 8 gb in cpu z an d 6 gb in speccy and hw info? im not sure About this. reinstall window could solve the problem. or you could try reseating the ram sticks and see if it helps.
A Windows reinstall is not required. As I said, the BIOS reserves 2GB out of the 8GB installed in your system for the GPU because integrated GPUs have no memory of their own. The reason why Speccy and HWInfo show 6GB is because they only show the amount of memory available to the operating system, while CPU-Z takes its information directly from the motherboard.

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
so it shows 8 gb in cpu z an d 6 gb in speccy and hw info? im not sure About this. reinstall window could solve the problem. or you could try reseating the ram sticks and see if it helps.
A Windows reinstall is not required. As I said, the BIOS reserves 2GB out of the 8GB installed in your system for the GPU because integrated GPUs have no memory of their own. The reason why Speccy and HWInfo show 6GB is because they only show the amount of memory available to the operating system, while CPU-Z takes its information directly from the motherboard.

Solution