Question 9-pin female to 9-pin female USB motherboard cable

Oct 30, 2019
I recently transferred my hardware to a new case; including an ASUS PCE-AC55BT wireless adapter with Bluetooth; which was powered by a USB motherboard header.
I accidentally broke the cable (9-pin female to 9-pin female) whilst transferring everything over and cannot seem to find a replacement anywhere.
Not sure if I have the naming convention wrong or whatever but I can't source one online at all.
ASUS customer support have stated they do not provide spare parts (I did offer to pay).

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
I'm not sure if/how you'd find a replacement stand-alone, as it's pretty rare that you need a 9pin female on both sides.

Your easiest route is probably going to be to buy the cheapest item that utilizes an internal female-female 2.0 header, and repurpose the cable/discard the item.
For example: https://www.newegg.com/p/36F-003A-0...sb_header_splitter-_-36F-003A-000D6-_-Product

What exactly did you "break" about the cable? Might be easier to fix than to replace.

Oct 30, 2019
@Barty1884 : I'm finding that to be the case; my fingers slipped when I was pulling it free from the card and pulled a wire loose, thinking I could replace it easily I just binned it as I only use Bluetooth on occasion. I think I may have found something like that on eBay for a tad less so I'll buy that and hope for the best.

@cin19 : Thanks, I've found an adapter on eBay that has one included so will buy that, if no luck I'll reach out to Chinahao and see what they say.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Too late now, if it's in the bin - but provided the pin only came out of the connector block, it might've been salvageable.

Might be worth checking with a local store - ideally one that does repairs.
Unlikely they'll have the cable strictly for sale, but with repairs etc, they may just have one laying around in the back.

Just opt for the cheapest item you can find utilizing the same cable, and repurpose it.
Almost everything is going to be shipping from China, so you'll be waiting a while - but if it's only used rarely, I guess you have the time to wait.

Oct 30, 2019
@Barty1884 : Yeah I didn't think it would be such a hard-to-source cable or I would have kept it and tried to fix it or something. I ordered the item you linked on NewEgg, but purchased it through eBay as it was only £4.55 with delivery rather than £7.50; plus I have that buyer protection via PayPal.

Thanks for your help, I'll just have to wait it out now until the part arrives.