Question 900 MBPS + wifi-fi

SimosnQuest

Reputable
May 12, 2020
So i changed my internet provider and i got a 950 mbps connection. With the ethernet cable im at 900 ish mbps speed. On wi-fi i get around 450 ish mbps My question is : is it possible to get 900 mbps on wifi if so what wifi adapter you would recommend me to achieve that speed?

kanewolf

Titan
So i changed my internet provider and i got a 950 mbps connection. With the ethernet cable im at 900 ish mbps speed. On wi-fi i get around 450 ish mbps My question is : is it possible to get 900 mbps on wifi if so what wifi adapter you would recommend me to achieve that speed?
It is a two part system required for 900Mbit WIFI. You need a router that supports 6Ghz or one that can do 160Mhz channel width on 5Ghz. But you also need a client that is 2x2 MIMO. To get 900Mbit throughput you have to get a link rate of 1800Mbit. You will generally have to be in the same room as the router to get that performance. If you are in the same room, you might as well use wired.

Reactions: SimosnQuest
450 is a great wifi speed. Do you really need more if you can use a ethernet cable.

Most wifi device don't even need 100mbps. You only need about 30mbps to watch 4k netflix and only a tv might do that a phone is kinda small to watch 4k video on. High bandwidth is only used for large file downloads and there are not many portable devices that have the ability to store huge amounts of data.

its for a desktop computer for gaming and streaming so yeah a faster connection is a must lol
Why do you think that.

First you should never play online games on wifi and even more when you streaming. Wifi gets lots of random interference which will cause lag in games. You always want to use ethernet for these applications even if you could get 1gbit wifi.

A game only uses about 1mbps. Streaming depending on the platform is limited to about 8mbps. Having more makes no difference the application will still only use the amount they are designed to use.

The only thing that it helps is large file downloads. How often per hour are you downloading new games.

TRENDING THREADS