960 more effective than 750ti

1) Any card used as PhysX can actually SLOW DOWN the game if the main GPU is kept waiting for it to finish.

2) Games vary by how much PhysX processing is done so testing would have to be done on an individual game basis by testing with and without the PhysX card. And some games have multiple levels of PhysX (Low, HIGH..).

3) Testing on a few games suggested a bare minimum of HALF the processing of the main card for some games but that also created a bottleneck for others.

Let's be CLEAR, it's not about an "entry level card with higher frequency" but rather the raw processing power of the card for PhysX. A GTX750Ti is not going to be a better choice than a GTX960 in any scenario for PhysX though both may not work well depending on the main card.

4) An IDENTICAL card (not in SLI, but one as PhysX) in a few games only gained about 15%.

*Long story short, it's hard to justify a card for PhysX. The ONLY scenario I'd even suggest it would be for an SLI setup such as 2xGTX970 for games that don't run as smooth in SLI. Thus dedicate the 2nd card for PhysX; frame rate would be higher than a single card but lower than two in SLI however it would run as SMOOTH as one card.

DcUlreich

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
The reason I ask because I want to know if I should rather buy a 960 to handle the PhysX in Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham knight than a 750Ti since I assume the hair Physics in Withcer 3 gonna be quite intensive.

DcUlreich

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013

According to those who have played the Witcher 3 (Gopher etc..) the PhysX simply ''kills'' the GPU.