9600GT DVD playing Blue Screen Problem

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Ok I just got the XFX Geforce 9600 GT for Christmas. I love it: look at my post for the 9600GT (Info and and a Question on the 9600GT). And i put it into my:

Dell Dimesion e510
3.2 Ghz Processer
3 gigs of RAM running at 533
A total of 1tb of Internal Space (2 HD's)
My 9600GT

The problem is: Every time i try to play a movie (Doesnt matter in what player) it crashes into a blue screen.

There is the Standard Message then it comes to the Technical Info and it gives a big stop code then it says *** nv4_disp.dll then it gives some sort of Address info.

Ive tried reinstalling the Video Card drivers several times (It solved other problems but never this one) and I flashed the mobo BOIS with the new version-A07. All to no avail...

If you want pcitures i dont know how to post them (Wont let copy and paste or the drag method or in the URL putting the directery file path in my computer)

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Ok the DVD BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH CAN BE FIXED REALLY QUICKLY IF YOU ARE RUNNING A DELL COMPUTER!!!

The problem is Dell's Codecs for Sonic Cineplayer, So unistall any codec that has Dell attached to it. Then unistall Sonic Cineplayer, then search for K-Lite Codec and install this. It fixed it for me... Now plays in Windows Media Center and Player!