960m equivalent or better for desktop

Apr 2, 2018
Hey dudes, i made a mini itx build for a small general purpose home server. Figured out that the cost of bandwidth was too much, so i went VPS instead. I removed Slackware off of it and am now using it as my general purpose computer. There's just one problem... it's using integrated graphics, which means i'm still reliant on my laptop for my gaming needs.

All i need is a decent graphics card that will play most games fairly well. I don't care about 4k gaming or VR and usually turn off allot of "features" off which i deem annoying or useless such as, SSAO, Depth of field, god rays ( aka sun shafts) and ati-aliasing. With most of those "features" turned off i get decent performance with my 960m. All i want is something around that range of performance ( of a 960m ) for my desktop, it must be less then or equal to $200 and must fit in my cooler master mini-itx 130 case (pretty sure it fits full sized cards).

I'v been abit out of the loop when it comes to the GPU market, but i do know that the prices have been pretty crap as of late because of the mining craze. Before the mining craze hit, i briefly looked at getting a 1050 ti. The prices for those have now gone through the roof from what i see.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Solution
Apr 2, 2018

awsome! yeah i just did a quick google search and sure enough there are plenty of 1050's around 150!
:/
for some reason i couldn't find any under 200 earlier, i wounder if i was drunk of something!? lol anyways sorry for being an idiot