970 asrock extreme 4 not booting

Mr_Toke

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hi sorry if this is crude I'm on my phone but I have been using a asrock extreme 4 mobo runing win 7 it is over clocked a bit but yea I been using it for 4+months now no problems and last night windows updated an I shut the computer off for the night then today I goto turn it on an it posts an lets me go into bios but it wont boot idk what happen I tried other connections for data and power and a known good drive with the same is and nothing is this board a paper weight now I'm worried so if anyone has anyone has the same issue please help a brother in need o and no restore disk I've seen posts for vga slots going bad or some kinda graphics problem making it not boot but why only after a update 4 months later and no error codes on the board the last numbers i saw was cf then 99 then it turns off it doesn't stay on so i believe this was normal o and it doesn't recognize the 2tb storage drive either witch was weird

Mr_Toke

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Its a asrock 970 AMD 2gb crucial ram witch is kinda low hd 6670 graphics card and the CPU is a 4130 3.8ghz quad core (technically a twin core) this thing ran awsome besides booting and starting intensive programs slow or games was kind of slow but I blamed it on the old hdd I haven't really don't an in depth diagnosis. Of every part or swapping different pieces in besides trying the know good hdd

Mr_Toke

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I fixed it it was the update I put the hdd into my 64bit machine build and it finished installing the update(next time restart instead of turning the computer off)and its all good now weird how windows updates can screw your mbr to were you can't boot to finish updating but ty guys for all your help