Question 970 GTX works fine in my PC but crashes/bluescreens on my fiance's PC

Oct 5, 2022
Been having an issue with a Nvidia 970 GTX: While my fiance and I are gaming her application will either crash within 5-30 minutes of playing, or the whole system will BSOD. I was thinking maybe the card is just on it's last leg so I decided to switch out my RTX 2070 with hers and see if the same thing happened on my system. After multiple hours playing the forest on 1440 with high graphic settings I have encountered zero issues using the 970 in my system and using the 2070 in hers. I have tried 2 clean windows installs in the past which seemed to help for maybe a little bit, but we ended up not gaming together for quite a while because the problem persisted. Just perplexed because her PC is mostly old parts that used to be in mine (CPU, GPU, MoBo, RAM) really the only thing that changed was the PSU (750W) and the case. I did GPU benchmark testing on her system and never encountered an issue. Both of our systems are up to date on OS and graphics drivers. I play a lot of VR on my system which is why I bought the 2070 so I would like to not have to switch our cards all the time, which I can't imagine is good for their longevity. Please let me know if you have any ideas!

My PC specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 8GB mini
MoBo: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

My fiance's PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K @3.4GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC Gaming ACX 2.0 (4GB DDR5)
MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 LGA 1155
RAM: G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you set this up on her machine, and I see if its blaming GPU drivers
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .