Question 970 PRO not being recognized in Aorus X470

gradientx

Commendable
Jun 29, 2018
Hi I’m hoping you guys can help me. In my research to the problem I’ve ran into a lot of people that had similar issues on different Mobos. I have an Aorus x470 gaming 7 WiFi with 2700x. I tried to install a new sealed in box 970 PRO 1tb but windows and the bios were not detecting the nvme. I’ve read sometime the mono won’t recognize but windows will so I tried to add the driver for it and the installer from Samsung won’t add the drivers as it’s not detected. I’ve tried a lot of bios setting to no avail and I even tried another of the same model number mobo I had around but the bios is the same. Really hoping I can get some help getting this working!!
Ps, I also unplugged both of my ssds and attempted a usb windows install which said I need drivers to identify a drive if installed. I know it’s getting power because it’s hot. I tried both m.2 on one board, ran out of time on second board to try lower slot. I’m going to try in a B350 board I have after work but that is Gigabyte too. I don’t really know my way around the bios. Anyone know the gigabyte bios well?

You'd naturally want to look for BIOS options that enable various M.2 slots, no certainty that any such options are set to default enabled/X4 lanes allocated...

I'd search specifically in Youtube as well, 'enable M.2 in BIOS for Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WiFi', etc....

GO to 1:48 of below video, there are options in BIOS for 'Chipset' settings to enable/disable NVME M.2
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw7QKhj7C5c

Last edited:

gradientx

Commendable
Jun 29, 2018
I know its been a while but I hate looking up issues and not seeing a result. I bought a new 970 PRO 500GB just to rule out my motherboard/bios and it was immediately recognized in the bios. When installing the new drive i noticed the sticker was upside down on the 1 TB drive i was having issues with. In my contact with Samsung it was likely specified this was from a large quantity purchase for a prebuilder company or something like that. I also found out in contact with them if you say you didnt buy it from a store, your warranty was void even if I'm the one that broke the factory seal, so in a case you lost the receipt they would go off manufactured date but if you say you bought it second hand or from a private seller. you are SOL.

So after a return to the seller I bought a different 1TB 970 PRO and it worked perfect, meaning it was a dud drive. now I have 2 970 PROs in my rig but that is a-ok.

"I know its been a while but I hate looking up issues and not seeing a result. I bought a new 970 PRO 500GB just to rule out my motherboard/bios and it was immediately recognized in the bios. When installing the new drive i noticed the sticker was upside down on the 1 TB drive i was having issues with. In my contact with Samsung it was likely specified this was from a large quantity purchase for a prebuilder company or something like that. I also found out in contact with them if you say you didnt buy it from a store, your warranty was void even if I'm the one that broke the factory seal, so in a case you lost the receipt they would go off manufactured date but if you say you bought it second hand or from a private seller. you are SOL.

So after a return to the seller I bought a different 1TB 970 PRO and it worked perfect, meaning it was a dud drive. now I have 2 970 PROs in my rig but that is a-ok."

Wow, great you've updated the thread. You might as well pick the solution: "Hi, The drive might be defective. Try replacing it." - on 1st of May.
It's kind of frustrating when people post back, simply ignoring your posts, when you're trying to help them...