[SOLVED] 970 Starts then turns off

Jun 16, 2020
So recently out of nowhere after years of use without issue my 970 is experiencing issues. I start my PC and everything starts and runs fine however after about 20 seconds the 970s fans abruptly stop spinning seemingly shutting itself off, everything else in the PC continues to run fine. This is not a compatibility issue as this build has worked fine for years, I removed the card and cleaned it and even tried installing it into a different slot and experienced the same problems. I’m really looking for any alternative to shelling out franklins for a new card.

Full specs are:
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 970
EVGA 850W Bronze Power Supply
Z270 Gaming M5 Motherboard
2x8gb DDR4 RAM ( G.SKILL Ripjaws )
1TB Samsung SSD
TP LINK WiFi adapter
Intel i7 9700k

Last edited:
Solution
Try to borrow a gpu , it doesn't matter what gpu is . The point is to see , if you have a problem with gpu or the mobo(pci slot), but from what you said , the gpu is the problem.
So recently out of nowhere after years of use without issue my 970 is experiencing issues. I start my PC and everything starts and runs fine however after about 20 seconds the 970s fans abruptly stop spinning seemingly shutting itself off, everything else in the PC continues to run fine. This is not a compatibility issue as this build has worked fine for years, I removed the card and cleaned it and even tried installing it into a different slot and experienced the same problems. I’m really looking for any alternative to shelling out franklins for a new card.
You are still getting display though right?

Jun 16, 2020
I get a display as soon as I start with the Msi logo(brand of my monitors) but no I do not have any display and my monitors say “No signal” while they are plugged into the card

I get a display as soon as I start with the Msi logo(brand of my monitors) but no I do not have any display and my monitors say “No signal” while they are plugged into the card
Your best option maybe to try restting the bios by unplugging the psu amd pulling the bios battery out of the mobo. Once the battery is remover from the mobo hold the power button on the case for 30s x2. Then place the vattery back in the mobo. Plug the psu back in and power on the pc see if this works.

Jun 16, 2020
Your best option maybe to try restting the bios by unplugging the psu amd pulling the bios battery out of the mobo. Once the battery is remover from the mobo hold the power button on the case for 30s x2. Then place the vattery back in the mobo. Plug the psu back in and power on the pc see if this works.
Tried this was met with no success same result sadly

Aug 26, 2019
Try to borrow a gpu , it doesn't matter what gpu is . The point is to see , if you have a problem with gpu or the mobo(pci slot), but from what you said , the gpu is the problem.

Solution