Question 9700k running hot idleing

Jul 30, 2019
I just bought and installed a new 9700k on the msi tomahawk z390 mother board. Cooling with a Corsair h60, not even a year old, and I noticed in the BIOS that the CPU was running at 65-75c in idle. I made sure to have a good contact and put thermal paste. Even wiped and reapplied to be sure. I don’t know what the problem could be. I hear the pump running and is showing about 2000 rpms. Help me, this stuff is brand new

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
if you are certain that you have done everything correctly on your part then it is obvs one of the components that are causing this. the first thing that pops to my mind is that the cpu may have had a bad time in terms of the thermal paste that connects the IHS and the chip, i have never heard of that happening but anything is possible :p. another thing, if you touch the rad/put your hand above it. is it warm? because my rad starts to get warm to the touch at about 50 degrees. if the rad is still cool it means that the water isnt getting to it and hence the heat isnt getting dissipated!!