98 Honda Accord drivers side door lock issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I am having drivers side door lock issues with my trusty old 98 Accord sedan. The remotes are a bit twitchy, and in fact I am down to just one, and it's on its last leg. I have ordered some replacements, but I am not sure that will be the answer.
So what is going on is that the only way I can get into the locked vehicle is by using the key in the passenger side and all power locks work including driver side. Inside the car the power button works just fine to lock and unlock all doors.
The key will turn with ease in the drives side, but nothing happens, and the remote light will come on indicating button has been pressed, but it physically dies nothing, not even popping the trunk/boot. The remote was working a few days ago, and new battery installed. If not the remote I hope maybe a fuse, but fear it could be bad actuator or broken wire somewhere? Any help/advice would be great. Thank you.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
1. You need a new key fob and you can program those yourself. They run around $14-$20 each on Amazon and Ebay.

2. Take your door apart and verify the key lock is turning the connecting rod to the lock assembly, If so them replace the entire lock assembly. If not reconnect the rod or replace the lock itself.

Reactions: silversmithy

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
1. You need a new key fob and you can program those yourself. They run around $14-$20 each on Amazon and Ebay.

2. Take your door apart and verify the key lock is turning the connecting rod to the lock assembly, If so them replace the entire lock assembly. If not reconnect the rod or replace the lock itself.
Sounds good. I did already order some replacement fobs and if that doesn't work will try your other suggestion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.