Question 980 pro m.2 unallocated

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
I'm stumped on this one, kind of a new build, and had my m.2 come in late. Basically got the machine up and running sunday no issues with a 970(preloaded windows 11 from old machine)evo and an 860 and 850. Windows did its updates, Gigabyte app center did driver updates etc... My 980 Pro arrived today, plugged it in and it shows in Bios, Shows in samsung magician, and device manager, however I still can't utilize the m.2 it shows its unallocated,
Device settings for SCSI\Disk&Ven_NVMe&Prod_Samsung_SSD_980\5&38db6f38&1&000000 were not migrated from previous OS installation due to partial or ambiguous device match.

Any resolutions to this one? I've tried uninstalling the device, removing the NVME Controllers and refreshing those, Samsung magician says its up to date, and my Bios is current on the MB. Soon to test unplugging the 850 and 860 Evo.

The machine specs listed below. Thanks in advance.

Corsair h150i elite
Aorus ddr5 5200
Gigabyte Z690 Ultra
Evga 1200W platinum
Gigabyte OC 4090
Phantek G500A
Samsung 860 Evo
Samsung 850 Evo
Samsung 970 Plus
Samsung 980 Pro

Basically got the machine up and running sunday no issues with a 970(preloaded windows 11 from old machine)evo <- This is a rabbit hole you dont want to go down, do a fresh install of windows on the computer.

Inside Disk Management right click on the drive, should be a big black box at the bottom of the screen that says unallocated, and tell it to allocate. It will go through some steps of how big do you want the drive to be ( default is max size) then you can pick a drive letter and name it. Once done the black box will turn blue with a drive letter and name.

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
Tried a system reset , still shows unallocated , after fighting some windows login issues I'm back to being able to tackle this again. Regardless even doing a windows reset it still shows unallocated lol. I'll keep you posted in second

instawookie

Commendable
Jun 13, 2021
Show Disk Management screenshot - with all drives visible.
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Also add comments, to identify each drive, since you have multiple drives.

Currently windows is on the 970 evo
Steam games on the 860 evo
and the 850 is just resting there

The disk management photo showing disk 2 being unallocated

Also attached an image of magician recognizing the m.2

View: https://imgur.com/a/HN0aWGD