980 TI GPUs

rf55serker

Prominent
Nov 6, 2017
there's a mystery bothering me with these cards. why is it that it remains as an option despite its monstrous power consumption and pricing when you can get 1070ti for a much cheaper price plus a greatly lessened power
please educate me on this
because if it remains in the option list, naturally it would mean; it still has something or some features to offer or whatever it is, that i do not know
please feed my ignorance on this
ive done several readings on GPU comparisons,pros, cons and not a single thread fed my curiosity

Solution
I would take a 1070 ti any day of the week over a 980 ti, it's a better card in every way than the 980 ti. I would say a 980 ti is only a decent choice if it's quite a bit cheaper than a normal 1070.

The only reason I could think of that someone might elect for a 980 ti over a 1070 at the same price is to add another to their system for SLI, which I personally wouldn't recommend. Or LN2 overclocking, I believe maxwell was less locked down in terms of voltage than pascel.

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
I would take a 1070 ti any day of the week over a 980 ti, it's a better card in every way than the 980 ti. I would say a 980 ti is only a decent choice if it's quite a bit cheaper than a normal 1070.

The only reason I could think of that someone might elect for a 980 ti over a 1070 at the same price is to add another to their system for SLI, which I personally wouldn't recommend. Or LN2 overclocking, I believe maxwell was less locked down in terms of voltage than pascel.

Solution