980 Ti SLI or wait for Pascal

Soger7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
No matter what I'll be waiting for the Fury X to release, but I am fairly certain that I'll go with the 980 Ti's in 2-way SLI.
What I want to know is if you think I should wait for Pascal, and if buying the 980 Ti's is dumb right now.

Thank you.

Solution
All I can say is that no matter what you get now, in a few months (for sure by Christmas), whatever you have now will be outdated and something new will be released...so why not wait until then? But around that time they will be talking about the 2016 cards and Q2 release, why not wait until then?

The point is, something new will ALWAYS come out...where does the "waiting" stop and the "buying" start?
I would get the SLI 980 Ti's. The way I look at it, if you are going to wait for Pascal, why not wait for the next generation after that? Something new is released every 3-6 months and will always be so. When does the cycle stop in regards to waiting for the next card/upgrade?

Soger7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

I can definitely see what you mean, but isn't Pascal supposed to be kind of revolutionary?

Soger7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

Sorry, I wasn't into PC's at the time of Maxwell's release. Pascal just seems so close, that I'm afraid that I'd in the future regret going for the 980 Ti's.

All I can say is that no matter what you get now, in a few months (for sure by Christmas), whatever you have now will be outdated and something new will be released...so why not wait until then? But around that time they will be talking about the 2016 cards and Q2 release, why not wait until then?

The point is, something new will ALWAYS come out...where does the "waiting" stop and the "buying" start?

Solution

Soger7

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014

You're right, thanks.
When Pascal comes I should be able to just sell my 980 ti's if necessary :)