Feb 3, 2021
Recently I bought a 980ti off eBay for a friend's computer. When I put it in his system the board got power from both the PCIe slot and the two 8 pin connectors, but no display. To see if there was some issue with the display adaptors I plugged into the second slot of my computer. Same thing power, but no display. When I went into windows neither device manager nor GPUZ detected a second graphics card. I tried my extra 1650 to see if it was a slot problem, but everything worked perfectly with the 1650. It seems that there is something obviously wrong with the card. I'd like to try and do a DDU but since it doesn't recognize a second card I don't know how to do that. How can I tell if my GPU is beyond repair or is still fixable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
So there is there anything I can do about it. Use aq voltameter to diagnose a problem? Bake at last resort? I've got nothing to lose here.
Let's say you identify the problem. Then what? Will you give it to someone else to fix? Why bother identifying it then. If you will pay for a repair, they will find what the problem is.
Do you know how to repair it? Then you should know how to find the issue.

Baking the card WHEN it helps, is only temporary and most of the time something else gets affected/damaged. There are also toxic gases, possible oven contamination, etc...

What I'm saying is, you should return it if it was sold as working, or sell it for parts of it was sold as faulty.
Feb 3, 2021
If it was sold as a working/functional gpu then you got scammed. If it was sold as a faulty one, then you should have never bought it.
So there is there anything I can do about it. Use aq voltameter to diagnose a problem? Bake at last resort? I've got nothing to lose here.

Let's say you identify the problem. Then what? Will you give it to someone else to fix? Why bother identifying it then. If you will pay for a repair, they will find what the problem is.
Do you know how to repair it? Then you should know how to find the issue.

Baking the card WHEN it helps, is only temporary and most of the time something else gets affected/damaged. There are also toxic gases, possible oven contamination, etc...

What I'm saying is, you should return it if it was sold as working, or sell it for parts of it was sold as faulty.

Solution