[SOLVED] 9900k at 3.8 ghz

Jowala117

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
I just switched my motherboard I am now using a ASUS prime z390-A I was wondering how I get the 9900k to run at higher speeds I don't want to do any serious overclocking or anything like that I just want it to run at 4.7ghz stock it currently locks at 3.8ghz during gaming.

Solution
Check your turbo power limits in the BIOS. If they are set to default values, the 9900K will power limit throttle and run significantly slower. Set the long and short turbo power limits to the max.

g6Jw7Ry.png

Jowala117

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
Check your turbo power limits in the BIOS. If they are set to default values, the 9900K will power limit throttle and run significantly slower. Set the long and short turbo power limits to the max.

g6Jw7Ry.png
I went into bios and they were greyed out I couldn't change them for some reason know what settings might be causing it?

greyed out
If you cannot figure out how to adjust these in the BIOS, give ThrottleStop a try. Click on the TPL button to open the Turbo Power Limits window. Try setting PL1 and PL2 sky high. If you see a lock icon on the left side, you will not be able to increase these power limits.

Jowala117

Commendable
Jan 12, 2021
If you cannot figure out how to adjust these in the BIOS, give ThrottleStop a try. Click on the TPL button to open the Turbo Power Limits window. Try setting PL1 and PL2 sky high. If you see a lock icon on the left side, you will not be able to increase these power limits.

Nevermind i got it to work i just needed to type in a specific value for the power limits and turn mce from auto to off ty for the help