[SOLVED] 9900k with either 3080 or 3090

brettapuss

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2013
Hi I literally just 4 days ago bought new motherboard, PSU, CPU and Ram and I’m just wondering will my i9 9900k pair well with 3080 or 3090. Can’t exactly change my cpu now so I hope so

Solution
Hi I literally just 4 days ago bought new motherboard, PSU, CPU and Ram and I’m just wondering will my i9 9900k pair well with 3080 or 3090. Can’t exactly change my cpu now so I hope so

I think this question is why I’d wait a little longer on building around a 3000 series gpu. Scaling and resolution comparisons between different CPU’s may be quite interesting?

And rumors of AMD upcoming Big Navi also hint at an impressive performance improvement.

4K at great frame rates is the step this generation appears to have taken.

It’s good hardware you purchased and it would be a solid gamer but it is on a dead end platform. I’d return it and go 10700k with an overclockable motherboard.

I think this question is why I’d wait a little longer on building around a 3000 series gpu. Scaling and resolution comparisons between different CPU’s may be quite interesting?

And rumors of AMD upcoming Big Navi also hint at an impressive performance improvement.

4K at great frame rates is the step this generation appears to have taken.

It’s good hardware you purchased and it would be a solid gamer but it is on a dead end platform. I’d return it and go 10700k with an overclockable motherboard.

Solution
Aug 26, 2020
The Screen I've ordered. With a 3080 and i7-10700k - will i have any issues?
The Full Build - GPU will be the 3080 as soon as i can get it - will currently be using my old 1070 for time being.

Edit: I've added colours to the links but not showing up for me, the bold text is the link.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
System specs are great. Im not familiar with water coolers but since 10700k is essentially an 9900k, i did search your cooler selection;

240R version is better.