2 x radon hd 5770
2 x 60gb ssd raid 0 with os
2 x 240gb raid 0 storage
Wifi/bule tooth card
Dell perc i/6 raid card
One pci-e lane runs a usb3 dashboard on the front

It has 3 screens set up in Eyefinity off 5770s for flight simulator

2 screens off 5450 for general internet bookwork

The 480gb raid0 ssds are mirrored in windows 10 with the dell raid card (has hdds in raid5) and i have my photos and music and farm records on them

It is used for internet bookwork flight simulator

the bios has played up from about a year after i got it (2013) it would every now and then forget settings like boot order and things. Than sata port 5 stopped working. I also had trouble with the esata ports on the back. Resently the bios failed completely and i had to take the battery out for a day and it had gone back to an earlier bios version so i had to update it and redo all the settings. I was doing an cpu overclock to 4 ghz but as the bios settings had to be redone every so often i gave up and everything is running stock now for last couple of years. Apart from these problems with the motherboard the setup is perfect for my needs. I have decided to replace the motherboard before it fails. Would like to keep all my stuff and just plug it into another motherboard. But being older technology i can't seem to find a new AMD3 socket ddr3 ram slots with enough pci-e slots to run all my cards. Have looked at second hand but are little worried as you don't know the history of the boards. Also would be nice to have another gigabyte 990fxa-ud3/ud5/ud7 so i can plug my raid 0 ssds with out having to rebuild them. This site was very helpful in building this setup. So any ideas on what to do would be very helpful thanks dale

nicevk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
I guess this one didn't get any interest.

I had not been keeping up with the pc game lately (kids n stuff) I guess am3 was dropped for am4 that's why I could not find another new board. found a few threads that said the 990fxa ud3 rev 3.0 was know to have problems with OC and the Raid chipset and bios stuff so will give up on those boards. read that the Asus crosshair v formula-z was about the best am3 board to get but they are still fetching a good price Shand. so decided to switch to am4. after research I found that they have reduced the pci-e lanes on am4 as they have gone to one chipset and done away with north and south chips. this is why the new boards all have less pci slots. so will have to wean myself off the pci cards. the sim worked well off one gpu in fact I could not tell the difference so I think the second one was doing nothing. I can also use usb 3 to Hdmi to run work monitors so can dump the 5450 gpu. there have been sales on the gigabyte x370 k7 due to the relese of the new x470 and b450 boards. the gigabyte x370 k7 has lots of sata and usb and pci slots so hope it will do the job. I also got a athlon x4 950 3.5ghz should be a little bit faster then what I have now but I am not that worried as long as is reliable. have not got ram yet and will likely run os on m.2 drive to make things faster.

thanks dale

Nobody makes new AM3+ MBs any more. My Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 rev 1.1 is still holding strong despite FX 8350 at 4.9GHz since the beginning so I'm not replacing it nor ever will. I built Ryzen system and relegated FX to secondary use but it's still running 24/7.
So I guess you could find same or UD5/7 board used or if lucky as NOS. Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 was another very popular MB so it may be found more easily.

nicevk

Commendable
Aug 3, 2018
Okay thanks
I read on a few threads that it was only the 990fxa ud3 rev 3.0 that had problems guess all the other rev were better. I like the motherboard when it is working. I Will build a am4 set up and the am3 can replace my old pc as a media center. Will check out asus board.