[SOLVED] A 1650 laptop gpu can be exchanged?

Jul 31, 2020
My laptop was not charging or opening.
A computer technician said that the graphics card had to be replaced, and that he found the same one, in another laptop. I think he did not changed the gpu, and said that for he could ask me for more money.
I dont know if i should trust him.

Asus tuf fx 505dt
Ryzen 5 3550H
Gtx 1650 4gb
8gb ram
256 gb nvme

Solution
The battery cant be removed.
I already took to another thecnician, he said the problem was on the motherboard. And he couldnt fix it.
Today the technician "has changed" the gpu and showed me that the pc is charging, but not opening because of a little black retangular thing that burned.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwtf2o45XM

Modern laptops have pretty easy removable batteries including yours. But if your laptop is fixed now, i wouldnt fuss over it.

poorbugger

Distinguished
My laptop was not charging or opening.
A computer technician said that the graphics card had to be replaced, and that he found the same one, in another laptop. I think he did not changed the gpu, and said that for he could ask me for more money.
I dont know if i should trust him.

Asus tuf fx 505dt
Ryzen 5 3550H
Gtx 1650 4gb
8gb ram
256 gb nvme
I think you're getting scammed lol. There are very few laptops that support graphics card replacement. Those are like the very high ends laptops that can be considered for a desktop. Get it to another technician. If you want to see what's wrong and based on your description, it might be the battery that's busted. Removed the battery yourself if you can do it and plug in adapter to your laptop. See if it opens.

Jul 31, 2020
I think you're getting scammed lol. There are very few laptops that support graphics card replacement. Those are like the very high ends laptops that can be considered for a desktop. Get it to another technician. If you want to see what's wrong and based on your description, it might be the battery that's busted. Removed the battery yourself if you can do it and plug in adapter to your laptop. See if it opens.
I already took to another thecnician, he said the problem was on the motherboard. And he couldnt fix it.
Today the technician "has changed" the gpu and showed me that the pc is charging, but not opening because of a little black retangular thing that burned.

poorbugger

Distinguished
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwtf2o45XM

Modern laptops have pretty easy removable batteries including yours. But if your laptop is fixed now, i wouldnt fuss over it.

Reactions: Júnior Baptista
Solution