[SOLVED] A 4k 120hz monitor for under 1000 usd?

mohamedkhaled21000

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
I am planning a new build with the rtx 3080, and I was looking for a new monitor thats both 4k and 120hz. I live in Egypt so the only option I can find for that here is ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ. But I heard it has hdr issues and other issues and also can't find many reviews on it. Is there a better option? Should I just get a WQHD monitor like alienware aw3418dw?

Solution
27 or larger . I checked the link will the VA panel give better quality than the ips in the XG27UQ? Also I feel like larger than 32 is too large for pc

Here's a breakdown between a TN, VA & IPS screen.

"Too large" is of course subject to everyone's individual taste and budget. A year ago I treated myself to my 1st new monitor. A 32" MSI 1440p curved monitor with 144hz & 1ms response. Up until then, I used a slew of different 21 & 24" monitors. I love the size. Of course I have to sit a little further back, but I'll never us anything smaller again.

Let us know what you end up going with. :)

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I am planning a new build with the rtx 3080, and I was looking for a new monitor thats both 4k and 120hz. I live in Egypt so the only option I can find for that here is ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQ. But I heard it has hdr issues and other issues and also can't find many reviews on it. Is there a better option? Should I just get a WQHD monitor like alienware aw3418dw?

Hi @mohamedkhaled21000

Take a look here.

Whats your screen size requirement?

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
27 or larger . I checked the link will the VA panel give better quality than the ips in the XG27UQ? Also I feel like larger than 32 is too large for pc

Here's a breakdown between a TN, VA & IPS screen.

"Too large" is of course subject to everyone's individual taste and budget. A year ago I treated myself to my 1st new monitor. A 32" MSI 1440p curved monitor with 144hz & 1ms response. Up until then, I used a slew of different 21 & 24" monitors. I love the size. Of course I have to sit a little further back, but I'll never us anything smaller again.

Let us know what you end up going with. :)

Solution