A Brief Look at the Technical Specs of BlackBerry Z10, Q10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
4.2"? Pass. It's basically a mini S3. I wonder how long until somebody puts Android on it.

And the Q10 is like a tiny child's toy.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Quite a nice phone. Unfortunately not the absolute best on the market but the UI and the way everything works is completely new. I'll have to pick one up and see but as long as you are running native apps the thing never stutters. I for one would not like a bigger phone like the S3 but to each their own.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
hardware is only part of the equation! if the kernal knows how to manage the resources of the hardware effectively thats all that matters.

I prefer the size of the z10 myself, but I wouldn't be opposed to getting the q10

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Wow, varying opinions what a good physical size for a phone should be. I'm disappointed in the Z10; only because physically it's too big. I think the iPhone 4 dimensions are perfect and I won't buy anything bigger. Mainly do to the inconvenience, but also embarrassment... "look at the tool on the phablet"

But it looks like history may repeat itself. Dust off the old Motorola DynaTAC, it's back in style.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
This is what should have been launched last year. Now after so many delays, the only thing drawing clients to Blackberry is brand loyalty and a physical keyboard. Even their own Blackberry Server now works with Android and iPhone, skewing the need of purchasing a BB.

djfv

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]Wow, varying opinions what a good physical size for a phone should be. I'm disappointed in the Z10; only because physically it's too big. I think the iPhone 4 dimensions are perfect and I won't buy anything bigger. Mainly do to the inconvenience, but also embarrassment... "look at the tool on the phablet"But it looks like history may repeat itself. Dust off the old Motorola DynaTAC, it's back in style.[/citation]

It is only 0.2 inches bigger.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]Wow, varying opinions what a good physical size for a phone should be. I'm disappointed in the Z10; only because physically it's too big. I think the iPhone 4 dimensions are perfect and I won't buy anything bigger. Mainly do to the inconvenience, but also embarrassment... "look at the tool on the phablet"But it looks like history may repeat itself. Dust off the old Motorola DynaTAC, it's back in style.[/citation]

Unless you have tiny woman hands, an S3 is not too big at all. And if you actually use your smartphone for, you know, smartphone things, the bigger screen is a major benefit.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I have huge hands and the S3 is too big..it didn't fit in my pocket and I couldn't operate it with one hand. Anything bigger than a 4.2" display is a waste in a smartphone.[/citation]
I can't imagine what kind of clothes you wear if it did not fit in your pocket. I can operate it with one hand if I have to, but it is easier to use two. But the same was true when I had a 4" phone. It is just easier to use your opposite index finger as a pointer than a thumb.

But to each his own, I suppose. As long as there is a range of choices, I will stick with bigger phones. I actually kind of wish I had gotten a Note.

meltbox360

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
[citation][nom]iknowhowtofixit[/nom]Why does everyone seem to forget all the hype that surrounded the original BlackBerry Storm and the subsequent flop? BlackBerry haven't proven in 3-4 years that they can compete with the rest of the smart phone market. What's so different now, or is this paid "news" advertising?[/citation]

Well sir how about you even know what BB10 is before comparing it to the storm which was a complete failure. They are nothing alike. Hardware and software are entirely different. You sir are comparing a reliant robin to a BMW M3. Hardly a comparison that makes sense unless its done on top gear with silly intents.

Status
Not open for further replies.