A Carrying Case to Fit Your LAN Party Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Hmm the only thing i wonder about is how the opening to get the case into the bag is on the bottom so all the weight is on the zipper used to close it.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
LOLWUT? All modern games dropped LAN support, and I'm somewhat tired of LANing old stuff.. I wish I could LAN stuff like Space Marine. LAN, NOT play over the Internet with the horrible lag I'm getting in my area.

And I always preferred LAN parties with a gaming laptop, but if you have a car, I guess a desktop could do :D

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]LOLWUT? All modern games dropped LAN support, and I'm somewhat tired of LANing old stuff.. I wish I could LAN stuff like Space Marine. LAN, NOT play over the Internet with the horrible lag I'm getting in my area. And I always preferred LAN parties with a gaming laptop, but if you have a car, I guess a desktop could do[/citation]
Its an interesting idea, the LAN party bag if you are only there for a day, but if you are there for a whole weekend then a car is essential seeing as you need 2 days of clothes and all your other tech gear, also god forbid you win a tournament and have to bring back prizes.

Sorry, I have tried doing LAN parties with a laptop and a sleeping bag, roughing it for 3 days, at the end I stink and have a bad back. Nope, just load up the car and have a relaxing 3 days of techno-dweeb heaven. Might even get to play a few games as well as leeching other peoples torrented TV & music.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
iv been designing a mobile computer, not just a case like this, but mobile in the sense that its a battle station,

it has a computer in the bottem turned on its sides motherboard is on the bottem, and not a small motherboard, a big one with s big case, side would have a mounted lcd, i imagine 22 inch , than there would be a wood, or metal, what ever you prefer above the pc, as a keyboard and mouse setup, and the two sides would sling out for speakers, and possibly a 5.1

i figure in total... about 50-60lbs, but if you want a mobile pc, this would be the best way to go asside from a desktop replacement at over 2000$

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]iv been designing a mobile computer, not just a case like this, but mobile in the sense that its a battle station,it has a computer in the bottem turned on its sides motherboard is on the bottem, and not a small motherboard, a big one with s big case, side would have a mounted lcd, i imagine 22 inch , than there would be a wood, or metal, what ever you prefer above the pc, as a keyboard and mouse setup, and the two sides would sling out for speakers, and possibly a 5.1i figure in total... about 50-60lbs, but if you want a mobile pc, this would be the best way to go asside from a desktop replacement at over 2000$[/citation]
So, a desktop case rather than a tower case, with that kind of innovation you should work for Apple, you just "invented" something that has been around for about 20 years.
Magical.

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
neat Idea, but I would much rather have something that can protect my monitor(s. My tower weighs about 50lb and I would not feel safe putting it in a bag like that(I am super paranoid about my tower).
Like someone said above, the real problem is there are no games that support LAM any more. Sure playing the classics for a while is fun, but when you want to play something new you have to use the internet. And 15-20 ppl on a low tier cable or DSL connection is not possible.
Tangent aside, it seems like a neat idea just not for me....

weatherdude

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Holds up to 100 kilograms eh? I guess Thermaltake was thinking of the most buff and dedicated LAN partiers out there when they designed this bag.

mvalles19

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]So, a desktop case rather than a tower case, with that kind of innovation you should work for Apple, you just "invented" something that has been around for about 20 years.Magical.[/citation]

I believe he meant something more like a Cinematograph HD (Pics @ the link)already produced and sold online for around 8 grand...

http://www.willudesign.com/CinematographTop.html

But you are right innovation like that only comes from apple..LOL

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mvalles19[/nom]I believe he meant something more like a Cinematograph HD (Pics @ the link)already produced and sold online for around 8 grand...http://www.willudesign.com/CinematographTop.htmlBut you are right innovation like that only comes from apple..LOL[/citation]

yea, except min is the pc par is laying flat instead of tall, the monitor is mounted onto the back of the metal inside, there is metal/wood/whatever between the pc part and the monitor part, to be the place the mouse and keyboard go, and the two side panles swing out and have speakers mounted on them, or at least a place for the speakers to sit.

the place you linked is close to that i was thinking of, but more compact.

tanjo

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
If you're a true LAN party animal, buy a cpu case with top handle, a backpack for your cables, keyboard, mouse, headphone and even a 23" display.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tanjo[/nom]If you're a true LAN party animal, buy a cpu case with top handle, a backpack for your cables, keyboard, mouse, headphone and even a 23" display.[/citation]
I dont know how this means you are a "true LAN party animal" though. I would think that a "true LAN party animal" would just go to the LAN regardless of how easy it was to do it. They dont make cases for my 37 or 47 inch monitor that I take to the LAN's but I still go. They dont make cases "for" my computer case (well they dont, but I bought a pelican case that can fit it) which is 18 inches by 18 inches by 18 inches and yet I still take mine. It isnt about convenience, it is about the determination and enthusiasm. Convenient carry cases and so forth are just icing for "true LAN party animals".

JustPlainJef

Splendid
Feb 20, 2001
I was at a LAN party this weekend. Nice case, but I have a handle that straps to my PC, and a Rubbermaid tote for my peripherals. Monitor goes in its original box. As such, this bag wouldn't do much for me.

If it could hold / protect my monitor, that might be different...

Status
Not open for further replies.