A Closer Look At The Typhons In 'Prey'

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Prey is on my to-buy list when it is finally released. I still have the first Prey game. Loved that game. But I can't play it anymore because the anti-piracy server is no longer in existence.

Actually, you should be able to activate your CD key for the original Prey on Steam. The game was removed from the Steam storefront, but key activations still work, and its community hub can still be found here.

This new game actually has pretty much nothing to do with the original Prey. It's not a sequel, or even really a reboot, and its not made by the same developers. The game's actual sequel, Prey 2, was mostly completed some years back, but the publisher Bethesda had a falling out with the developer and decided to cancel it. This game actually started development as a game not related to Prey in any way, but Bethesda had the franchise laying around unused, so they decided to tack its name onto it.

This does look like it could be a cool game, and it has some neat ideas going for it, but it's ultimately 'Prey' in name only.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
@ cryoburner
Yeah, I knew that the new Prey was a different game from the original one. But the OP's topic reminded me of that first Prey game. Btw, I tried to activate my key on Steam. Didn't help. That was the same advice the folks at the place I bought the game from gave me. The game still tried to go to the anti-piracy server and failed to run when it couldn't find it. Such is life ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.