A-DATA Using ''DNA Authentication'' to ID RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]ptroen[/nom]Sounds like a oligopoly practice to keep the ram prices from falling.[/citation]
How is protecting brand identity an ologopolisitc practice?
Besides, of all the PC component markets, ram is one of the most competitive. PC technology in general(hardware, not software) are very price competitive, even amongst duopolies such as AMD/Intel or AMD/Nvidia.
I can get a GPU today for $100 that would have cost me more than three times that two years ago.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Toms[/nom]To verify the chip's authenticity, consumers and retailers can simply use a black light pen that will light up the DNA's fluorescent coding. [/citation]

Ohh blacklight ink, that's only been around for years, that's gonna be hard to duplicate. /sarcasm

G

It's not like you have a blue light in the store (or at online shops) to test it out..
Most RAM I've purchased worked perfectly fine!
I guess the issue lies more with the faster than DDR2 800 Mhz modules, which often are overclocked ones...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Honestly, I don't care as long as it works.

[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]It's not like you have a blue light in the store (or at online shops) to test it out..Most RAM I've purchased worked perfectly fine!I guess the issue lies more with the faster than DDR2 800 Mhz modules, which often are overclocked ones...[/citation]
I keep two blacklights... $10 for both of them... makes for cool case lighting.

[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]Is A-Data memory even good?[/citation]
Yeah, they make decent products.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
the authentication technology will be embedded on the product label and not the DRAM module and this will guarantee the chip's authenticity?

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
They can track down single mothers sharing files over the internet, and prove their guilt despite the computer being formatted, and can't track down physical dram counterfeiters? They [government] have protected consumers far enough, stop protecting them anymore if this is the kind of protection they provide.

caskachan

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
1-buy ram
2-test
3-works?
4-profit

i dont care if its adata kingston or super talent.. if it works and it cheap im gettign what i pay for

G

"To verify the chip's authenticity, consumers and retailers can simply use a black light pen that will light up the DNA's fluorescent coding."

They HAVE heard of something called fluorescent ink, right? As in the stuff you can buy in a stationery shop for $1.50 a bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.