A Fifth WoW Expansion Already In The Works, Others

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

acoriano

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
WOW was released in 2004... I actually played it from 2005 to 2009 got extremely bored, quit.
It's a great game but is starting to show it's age.

Combix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Its like reading blizz forums :) all that hate for IMO the best game developer.

nice to see 90-95% going in defensive mode just because blizz are kind enough to wanna tell people what they're working on/gonna work on...... DAMN THEY ARE TRUE BASTARDS :S

How dare they tell us they are working on an xp we knew were gonna come out since they're going for a lvl 100 cap as they said a long time ago .....

Damn you blizzard, damn you

techy74

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Like all wow players - who dosen't like new content? Blizzard cant always get it right. More content, levels and options same price - sounds good.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
milk that cow....there's another drop....wait, one more....Blizzard needs to stop putting so much time and effort on this game and come up with something new

G

"Those who got into the program received a confirmation email with instructions on how to download and retrieve the installer from Battle.net. "

NOT TRUE! YET AGAIN ANOTHER BLIZZARD LIE BEING SPREAD! 99% are still waiting to get their beta invite!

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
LET IT DIE!!!

I'm so tired of WoW consuming decent MMOs before they even have the opportunity to mature. People just don't get that WoW's had 8 years to mature... almost a decade. How is a game supposed to come out and top it the first year?

The sooner WoW dies, the sooner we can have more innovative games take its place.

G

"The sooner WoW dies, the sooner we can have more innovative games take its place."

You have it backwards.

The sooner we have more innovative games to take its place, the sooner WoW dies.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I left WoW about a year ago and, like almost everyone here, I was sure it was slowly sinking into oblivion. However, I think the dip in subscriptions might actually be a good thing for the game. Maybe the user base will only be composed of the core fans once again and that the dev will add content that caters to them.

Combix

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Anyone who belives that wow in dying need to open their eyes cause SHIT you are dumb and blind LoL

Ofc a game cant keep every freaking subscriber after so many years and ofc people wanna try some of the new games that come out now and then..... in what fucking world does that means wow is dying LoL

As soon as MoP is released the sub number are going up again ... then a little down again.... then a little up again .... Then the next xp come and same story over again .... Funny how that works huh ?

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
why do so many people say WoW needs to die? i enjoy and play WoW, just because you don't want to play it doesn't mean everybody has to stop playign it... i happen to think BF3 and modern warfare franchises both are terrible but mroe power to those who enjoy those games. vote with your wallet and if you dont't want to play a game don't buy it, but don't say it should go away because it doesn't fit into your ideal of a game

G

So much negativity. WoW is a great game and many people still enjoy playing. I can't be the only one who's happy to hear about this?

hellcatjr

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2002
WoW does a lot of things right.

The thing it does wrong, is that it has one of the worst player communities I have ever endured. A bunch of toothless, whiney, lazy children running around lol'n and u mad bro'n it up.

Outside of that, WoW was an amazing exp.

G

Blizzard has adjusted their release strategy for a number of reasons.
They have, no doubt, seen that they're game has lacking content for veteran players, you can only reroll and redo all the quests so many times before the game becomes a drag.

Narrowing the release window keeps people saturated with new content, that's their aim.
EVE Online is a prime example, it doesn't have the motherlode of subscribers that WoW has but their release windows is approx. two expansions each year (in content they're smaller than WoW's).
Adding new content systematically keeps people entertained and saturated.

With 10 million subscribers WoW is far from dying, it might've had it drop but that can also be accounted to the new MMO's being released, people can't subscribe to five MMO's just to try them out, they'll have to drop one. And WoW would be the easiest choice since you'll likely have seen all of the content it has anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.