[SOLVED] A folder containing 900 videos in an External hard causes problemsdrive

Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone.
So i have this 4TB Western Digital external hard drive that was working fine until i tried to copy a folder to another external hard drive.
The copying process stuck because of a bad file or something and i disconnected both hard drives. But now the folder containing 900 videos which is about 551 gigs is having problems.

Here's the problem: when you go to any other folders on the hard drive everything works fine. But as soon as you enter that one folder progress bar won't stop and everything will stuck. I ran the windows error check but it says the hard drive is fine.
So what do I do now ?

Solution
Copy EVERYTHING you can from that drive to somewhere else. Some other physical storage device.
One file or folder at a time.
Leave this problematic folder for last.

Then and only then start to do some investigation on this drive.

USAFRet

Titan
Copy EVERYTHING you can from that drive to somewhere else. Some other physical storage device.
One file or folder at a time.
Leave this problematic folder for last.

Then and only then start to do some investigation on this drive.

Solution
Use Unstoppable Copier to copy off the file. It will skip anything it can't access. Windows copy has issues with bad files.

Also download Crystal Disk Info and run it and see if it says anything but good for drive status. If it says Caution or Bad copy and paste the data in the window here.

TRENDING THREADS