Question A friend of mine keeps on crashing in a couple of games...

Dylan04

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
Pc specs of friend:
Ryzen 5 2600
GTX 1060 TI
16GB ram 2800mhz
2TB hdd
1TB ssd
m450 msi mobo.

He encounters crashes in basically every game, but in most games it's like once a week or so, but we started playing Rust and he crashes every 10 minutes, he sometimes doesnt even make it into the game or server. His Temps are really stable (always under 60) both his CPU and GPU. His GPU usage is also alright, the same for his CPU, no bottleneck at all.
We tried overclocking it, didnt work. We tried undervolting it, didnt work. His ram is also setup properly. His PC seems to be running fine and everything works like it shoud but he still encounters allot of crashes, it depends on the game, but he crashes allot. One friend with the exact same build never crashes. He got good FPS also so no lag at all, It's just him crashing. These are the results of his Userbenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/30293256

ravenscout

Commendable
Nov 21, 2017
You may or may not have taken these steps but, I just wanna be sure.
  • Restart the computer
  • Make sure drives are updated
  • Scan for potential viruses (Most have a trial software that offer a full scan i.e. Trend Micro)
  • Make sure windows is up-to-date
  • Make sure all hardware is seated properly and undamaged
  • Make sure RAM is in the proper slots (Happened to me ages ago)
  • Make sure there aren't 100 background apps running
I'd like to see some more information about what you haven't tried, Utilization, etc. Hope you guys get it all figured out.

Dylan04

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
You may or may not have taken these steps but, I just wanna be sure.
  • Restart the computer
  • Make sure drives are updated
  • Scan for potential viruses (Most have a trial software that offer a full scan i.e. Trend Micro)
  • Make sure windows is up-to-date
  • Make sure all hardware is seated properly and undamaged
  • Make sure RAM is in the proper slots (Happened to me ages ago)
  • Make sure there aren't 100 background apps running
I'd like to see some more information about what you haven't tried, Utilization, etc. Hope you guys get it all figured out.
His computer computer has always been crahing, 5 months ago if was way worse, it turned out to be the ram that was damaged/bad, het sent it back and THEY installed a new ram kit in his pc, after thet did this he crashed less, he use to crash in every game every 5 minutes and after this ram replacement he crashes in certain games as i said in some games it is really bad, he crashes every 5 minutes.

Dylan04

Reputable
Sep 4, 2019
as far as i know all parts are compatible his psu supports all the parts, ram is also setup properly, i mean the company he bought it from replaced them in the right slot and we turned on xmp profile in the bios, we tried overclocking undervolting his GPU, he tried playing on his hdd aswell as his ssd, no difference either. Also, when i said he sent back his ram to the company. He sent back his entire build, the company looked at the pc and found out the ram was bad, all other parts were totally fine. We tried differend ingame graphic settings but as i said even on high settings he gets really solid fps but still crashes for some reason. In basically every game, but in some games in happends way more often.