[SOLVED] A good budget case in terms of ventilation and build quality!

Mr Drummer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2015
Hi, i would like some suggestions on a reasonably good budget case in terms of ventilation and overall build quality. I’ve reasearched extensively online and thought that ”Bequiet Base 500” would be an ideal choice but then someone mentioned that it’s pretty bad in terms of ventilation (the solid front panel is partially to blame) so i changed my mind. I then set my mind on the Cooler ”Master NR600 ” instead, but when i watched a review on Youtube they said that 140mm fans don’t align well with the front mesh and since i already got a couple of 140mm fans (salvaged from an old Fractal Design case) it would be a shame to not be able to use them. I would really appreciate some suggestions.

Solution
The fans not lining up isn't really an issues it just slightly restricts airflow, which isn't an issue with the nr600 since the airflow is very good.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what your idea of 'budget' case is. For many, that's anything below $100, for many it's the just above $50 range. For some it's even the $50 or less bracket.

To me, and I'm far (very far, talking about a speck on the horizon) from wealthy, but for a case that I'm going to be still happy with in 5 years or maybe more, budget is in the $100 (ish) or lower bracket.

Phanteks P400A Digital

Wise man once said "Only the rich can afford to buy cheap sh**, as only they can afford to keep buying it over and over"

Mr Drummer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2015
The fans not lining up isn't really an issues it just slightly restricts airflow, which isn't an issue with the nr600 since the airflow is very good.

Thanks, good to know that i’ll be able to fit my 140mm fans at the front.

Theres a 500dx version with mesh at the front. Rated pretty well on gamers nexus

Ok, i’ll have a look at that case, thanks.

Mr Drummer

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2015
After some research i decided to go for the ”Corsair 4000D Airflow”. The case comes with two 120mm fans but i’ve got alot of fans lying around, Two i salvaged from my old Fractal Design Core 3300, ”Silent Series r2” (140mm) i think they’re called, and two my brother gave me salvaged from his old Fractal Design Define R5, ”dynamic gp14 (140mm)”. Which of these fans are the best ones in terms of thermals and noiselevel? I know the fans my brother gave me are pretty good/silent (the dynamic gp14 that is) but someone also mentioned that they’re not very effective when it comes to airflow.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS