Question A good gaming monitor ?

Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
Im from India where everything costs more.
Got 3 monitors in choice
1-Benq gw2470hl (VA Panel)
2-Benq gw2480 (IPS Panel)
3-Samsung 23.5" curved (VA Panel)
Will do mostly gaming.
Which one do you people suggest and please share your experiences if you got any of these monitors.

But i have heard VA panels have better response time which helps a lot in gaming.
Ips have too but in their expensive models.

Actually they don't, they are SLOW in reality compared to either TN or IPS.

Old out dated technology.

All of the monitors you listed are LOW END and performance likely won't be all that great overall.

Yes I know things cost more over there, but I recommend looking more and saving up.

Last edited:
So you are telling me that the above Benq Gw2480 IPS has 7ms response and 5ms response time and the other one which is VA has 4ms response which concludes that the Ips which has more response time is better than VA which has 4ms response time.

The ones you are looking at are LOW END, VERY low end so all of them are going to suck for gaming. Might be OK for business PC's etc, but not gaming.

I recommend waiting and saving for a better monitor or you will regret it. ;)

If you get a low end monitor for gaming you are doing nothing but burning money.

Lag time, ghosting, screen tearing etc will be horrendous, they are just not fast enough etc to use for gaming.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The Acer nitro is available in india but it cost $200.
The dell one is not available.

There really isn't anything below that are worth buying, not really.

I recommend saving up a bit more so you can get something that will actually work right for gaming.

Yes I do understand budget, but I believe you want something that won't cause you problems.

Last edited:

zachybest

Reputable
Jan 27, 2018
Im from India where everything costs more.
Got 3 monitors in choice
1-Benq gw2470hl (VA Panel)
2-Benq gw2480 (IPS Panel)
3-Samsung 23.5" curved (VA Panel)
Will do mostly gaming.
Which one do you people suggest and please share your experiences if you got any of these monitors.
You may go for HP VH240a. It has IPS panel. You may check this one too BenQ GL2460BH. But I won't recommend these. Rather try to increase the budget and go for something like this: Acer Nitro VG240Y

Abhraneel Roy

Distinguished
May 29, 2014
The monitor mentioned above Acer Vg240yb has a refresh of 1ms(written on their website) but some people reviewed and said that it has a refresh rate of 10.81 ms.(Youtube channel name - Hardware unboxed).
And the samsung curved 23.5 inch has a response of 4ms written on their website.
Dont know that asus one was fake or not but getting the asus (advertised as 1ms but reviewed as 10.81 ms) would be a better choice over the samsung 23.5 curved (written 4 ms) ??
i am not sure that companies give exactly the same refresh rate as advertised.